cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay fee charges

Hi I am a new Ebay Seller and I need advice please. I started listing and didn't realize that when i use the reserved price that I will be charge. I feel so clueless and not realize of fees for posting. I thought that i was only getting charge $0.30 per listing. I have a balance of $124.XX and almost $95 was for "reserved". My items didn't sell on all those reserved items and I feel like I am loosing money that I don't even have as I am trying to make some by becoming a seller listing. Any advice on what to do is greatly appreciated please. I recently enrolled in the Basic Store as well hoping to save money and more listings to post. Also I was wondering if Ebay will kindly give me a courtesy waive? Thank you all for your kind understanding.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay fee charges

Thank you all for your kind response. It's a lesson learned for me and I am making sure to not do that again! Lol anyway for those who sounded kind of harsh, it's ok as I am still learning as I go. The representative I spoke with know it was an honest mistake so it was waived for me as a courtesy. Thanks all for your response. Happy selling everyone! 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay fee charges

I don't think eBay will give you a courtesy credit for the fees.

Now it's been awhile since I listed but I'm pretty sure that all the fees show at the bottom of the listing before you publish it, so you should have known what the fees were going to be before you clicked submit.

The only advice I can give is do not use listing upgrades at all they are waste of money.

Reserve these especially because many people take a look at an auction with a reserve on it and won't bed because they don't want to have to guess at the reserve price.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Pay your bill. Ebay does not give credits simply because you failed to read the fee schedule &  the fee quote when you reviewed your listing.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Insertion fees are non-refundable. It should have shown you the fees to be charged before you listed your items.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

alot of ebay buyers will not waste their time with a listing that has a reserve.

just list it for the lowest price you will accept 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

@passion4vintage :

I urged you to do your due diligence by reading/familiarizing on :

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

New changes are coming to ALL sellers on this platform - May 1st, 2018. 

Plan your Own selling strategies + mode of business accordingly to your profit/loss.

As for "if Ebay will kindly give me a courtesy waive" to those "unnecessary" reserved fees incurred due to ignorance: Suggest, you call Customer Services under your selling account to check on the possibility.  Stranger things had happened on this platform - there's plenty of them. 

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Sophie Forever Sidekick - Apr 2007 to Sep 05, 2017

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

@bishe22 wrote:

Now it's been awhile since I listed but I'm pretty sure that all the fees show at the bottom of the listing before you publish it, so you should have known what the fees were going to be before you clicked submit.

That's correct. All fees are shown before you click the submit button.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

I think you are on a selling learning curve and need to study on the fees and how to list and such.  You only have 2 seller feedbacks and one is a false positive.

I don't think ebay will refund your reserve fees especially since you already listed a dozen sales that way.

Enrolling in a basic store at this point means more fees for you and you are green, enthusiastic, but I don't think you know what you are doing yet. You need practise. I don't mean to be harsh, but I think you are rushing into things.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html?rmvSB=true

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Thank you all for your kind response. It's a lesson learned for me and I am making sure to not do that again! Lol anyway for those who sounded kind of harsh, it's ok as I am still learning as I go. The representative I spoke with know it was an honest mistake so it was waived for me as a courtesy. Thanks all for your response. Happy selling everyone! 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Hi thanks for taking your time to reconsider to my post. The representative was nice enough to waive it and credited me as she know that it was an honest mistake. It is my fault however for not reading and you're right on that. Now I know to be more careful. Happy selling and have a great day. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Thank you for your advice. Happy selling and have a great day. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Hi thanks for taking your time to reply to my post. The representative was nice enough to waive it and credited me as she know that it was an honest mistake. It is my fault however for not reading the fee info.  Now I know to be more careful. Happy selling and have a great day. 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

Hi thanks for taking your time to read and repond to my post. The representative was nice enough to waive it and credited me as she know that it was an honest mistake. It is my fault however for not reading and you're right on that. Now I know to be more careful. Happy selling and have a great day. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

My monthly Ebay & Paypal fees are about 42% of my gross sales. Anybody else?
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Ebay fee charges

@paper-collectibles-4sale

You should start your own thread since your question has very little to do with the orginal one from last March.

And.

No - under 20% of my sales goes to fees.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply