cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay and their estimated delivery dates

Just had item not recieved claim opened on 4'th business day on a 1'st class package from CA to MI. Called Ebay. They estimated delivery to customer to be on the 2'nd business day? Called and was told by Rep that all though weekends (technically) are not business days. They do count towards estimated delivery dates. Ebay is creating these dissapointed buyers by creating these unrealistic expectations. I mailed next day and tracking shows progress and is on track for 5'th business day delivery as USPS states is to be expected. Rep even had the nerve to tell me that I was the problem here and not Ebay. The tide is turning back to the anti seller Ebay of 5 years ago. 

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Turning back?  It has been an anti-seller site for many years and continues to be more and more so. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 81
latest reply

I hope you asked for an extension for the package since tracking shows movement.  They can give you up to ten days.  Hopefully your item would be delivered in that time.  

Sorry that your buyer was premature.  BBL if you don't want them to buy from you anymore.  And you might want to extend your handling time, that could help.

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

Weekends are counted because mail still moves on weekends, even though there may not be deliveries on Sunday. They don't just park all of the planes and trucks on Friday and start back up on Monday.

If you sent a FC package from CA to MI, and it's taking 5 business days PLUS a weekend, that's incredibly slow.

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

@jnybuysell wrote:

Just had item not recieved claim opened on 4'th business day on a 1'st class package from CA to MI. Called Ebay. They estimated delivery to customer to be on the 2'nd business day? Called and was told by Rep that all though weekends (technically) are not business days. They do count towards estimated delivery dates. Ebay is creating these dissapointed buyers by creating these unrealistic expectations. I mailed next day and tracking shows progress and is on track for 5'th business day delivery as USPS states is to be expected. Rep even had the nerve to tell me that I was the problem here and not Ebay. The tide is turning back to the anti seller Ebay of 5 years ago. 

Extend your handling time. Saturdays and Sundays are not business days & don't count towards estimated delivery dates. As mentioned before, mail does move on Saturdays & Sundays.

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

@jnybuysell wrote:

Extend your handling time. Saturdays and Sundays are not business days & don't count towards estimated delivery dates. As mentioned before, mail does move on Saturdays & Sundays.

They do count weekend days if they will occur AFTER the handling time is over. For example, I have a 1-day handling time. For a purchase made today, eBay estimates delivery on Monday for my part of the country, because I'm supposed to ship it by tomorrow. That gives USPS 3 days to move and deliver it. So they're clearly counting the weekend days for movement of the package, not just business days.

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

Foolishly trying to hold onto TRS. Why I do not know.
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous  Since when have weekends been counted as part of the delivery estimate?  Is the info from the CS agent correct?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 81
latest reply

Incredibly slow. OK, but worthy of a INRC? Ebay setting customers expectations at 2 business days is the problem. Mail next day Th and 50/50 chance it will not make Monday. Been doing this a long time. Many times will make across country in 3 days, but def not a rule and just making us look bad when it doesn't.
Message 9 of 81
latest reply

@jnybuysell wrote:
Foolishly trying to hold onto TRS. Why I do not know.

You can have a longer handling time and still be TRS.  Your listings won't qualify for the TRS+ rating and you won't get your <1% discount on the selling price.

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

How about the discount on postage? Really all I am concerned about.
Message 11 of 81
latest reply

apparently so. Several people have said that weekends are counted.
Message 12 of 81
latest reply

You get a slight postage discount for having TRS status, not TRS+.  I don't have TRS+ on any listing, my handling time is 3 days across the board, but I have NO trouble maintaining my TRS status as a seller and getting the extra (small, but it's there) discount on postage and whatever other crumbs that eBay meters out for having TRS status.

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

@Anonymous  Since when have weekends been counted as part of the delivery estimate?  Is the info from the CS agent correct?

I'm not aware that eBay has changed anything.

I think you're confusing "handling time" and "delivery time". Weekends are definitely NOT counted in "handling time", i.e eBay doesn't force you to work weekends. However, once the package is in the hands of the delivery service, it moves even on the weekend, with no effort on your part, so why wouldn't weekend days be included for calculating "delivery time"?

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

@jnybuysellI 100% agree with you. This has been an issue I've been complaining about for so many months now. The ETA ebay gives is very strict (at many times incorrect) and misleading buyers thus creating defects.

Coast to coast FC mail takes up to 5 days to arrive. Those who say FC mail takes just as long as Priority Mail either don't ship coast to coast or are kidding themseslves. Even USPS says Priority Mail is quicker than FC... that's one of their selling points to Priority.

Ebay only figures 2 days for FC or standard mail (advertised in ebay as 1-5 days). If you advertise 1-5 days, why do you only add 2 days to the ETA? If you play around with the handling time (I think around 3-4 days handling... I forget), you'll notice there's times that the FC Mail ETA will only be one day later than Express Mail for coast to coast... how is that right?

I've reported this to ebay many times, and have convinced them there's an issue. But they all play the blame game. "It's not us, Pitney Bowes created this", then Pitney Bowes says "It's not us, it's USPS and the ETA they gave us", then USPS says "It's not us, it's Pitney Bowes and ebay reading our ETAs wrong." And round and round we go getting dizzy and refusing to change anything. Then there's the general ebay response "Buyer's have to understand what the word 'estimate' means... it's not guaranteed." If you ask me, that's a cop out answer... why not give all ETAs as 1 day then since it's just an "estimate"?

And the idea that many say to change your handling time... I refuse to lie about my handling to try and fix a problem that ebay caused and refusing to fix. That's just letting ebay off the hook and you taking the burden.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply