cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐒, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐞. Pathetic attempt to reel new sellers in.

Ebay has sent two of my old buyer accounts promotional's to "Start selling on Ebay" and have your first FIVE auctions FREE with no fees attached.
TRIED THIS ON TWO USER ACCOUNTS THAT I WAS SENT PROMOS TO NO AVAIL. Wants to verify you ( even though my accounts are 15 years old each and have consistent buying activity) - Verification sends you a code to your listed phone number. Entered correctly and then EACH TIME you will get a message "We were unable to verify you". PLEASE CONTACT US. Well, seeing as how NO phone support is available any longer ONLY chat, I wasted 60 mins on a chat with a rep who had me spinning in circles and couldn't do a thing. Finally, I dial Ebay direct in Utah from an old saved number I had. Between the poor phone connections on their end, the multiple transfers, the multiple managers, the tech departments, them making me switch browsers, empty cache, clear cookies, log off & on - I ended up spending 2.5 Hours Exactly of my time wasted along with all the draft sales I had created.
Its no wonder this sinking ship of theirs is on their way out. REEL everyone in on a promotional and simply UN-VERIFY THEM at all means. TWO accounts means this on Ebays end. EVERY single person I had spoken with on the phone stated they have NO clue why I am not verified and that there was nothing they could do.
EACH of them promised a phone call in return. I laughed and stated in my history with Ebay ( since the Pierre days), I have NEVER received a call back. They literally assured me.
Guess what? No call back.
What a colossal waste of time. A BIG HEADS UP to anyone trying these ridiculous worthless time wasting efforts from Ebay as it is a disgusting ploy to save an already fully nailed coffin.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I am not surprised on how your issue & inquiry has been handled.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬. 𝐆𝐞𝐞.... 𝐎𝐡-𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥.
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 "𝐖𝐡𝐲" 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 - 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞. 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 "𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬" (𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬) 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭. 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐁 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞. 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 . . . . . . .

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬. 𝐆𝐞𝐞.... 𝐎𝐡-𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥.
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 "𝐖𝐡𝐲" 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 - 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫, 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞. 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 "𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬" (𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬) 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭. 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐁 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞. 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 . . . . . . .

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vicmackey-ontheweb wrote:

Hi @vicmackey-ontheweb, I definitely want to help get to the bottom of this for you. I've passed along your account for review and once I have more details, I will email you to the address on the account you are posting with. I know you've been working with Customer Service already on this topic and apologize that we've been unable to get a resolution so far. Hang tight while we investigate and I'll touch base with you as soon as I have more information!

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬.

𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 "𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡" 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 - 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 (𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝) 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 "𝐖𝐇𝐘" 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐒. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐛𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬?
𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 -𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 . . . . "𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲".
𝐎𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 - 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝. 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝟑 -𝟒 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞?? 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭. 𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I don't even waste my time with the phone.

Even at minimum wage it's a losing proposition, yes the "we will call you back" joke ...

They don't seem to get that we know better than they do what will happen!

Like, it's not the first time!!!

omg...

Anyway...

Here has been my repetitive experience when trying to pay...

I click and...
Spinning cursor for however long, sometimes it goes to the payment / confirmed page but most often I get this:

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I get your frustrations with ebay, I have mine too, but your statements to Trinton are downright disrespectful. He offered to help you, and in return you just mouth off at him. Its ridiculous you're trying to put the onus of an entire platform on a single person. A simple thank you would've been nice.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I agree with djdaniel, there was no need for that obnoxious statement against Trinton, the world doesn't revolve around you and how wonderful Facebook selling is..geez
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

.................general reply.................

not sure about promotions.I am not the type to fall for the latest hype or what have you.

when it comes to fee listings  then thats a different story.I do not use the GTC 50,000 but but I still get plenty of free auctions.I always get multiples of the 250 deal and 200 deal.  I know for a fact that I have been listing 250 pieces a month and still relisting them for free

I just looked at my promotions and have 5 of them.I normally will only relist once a month but with all the free ones you can waste them now.

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@california-vintage-neon wrote:

𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬.

𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 "𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡" 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 - 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐳𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 (𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝) 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 "𝐖𝐇𝐘" 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐒. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐬. 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐛𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬?
𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 -𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 . . . . "𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐲".
𝐎𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 - 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝. 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝟑 -𝟒 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞?? 𝐄𝐛𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭. 𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝.

Hi @california-vintage-neon, it sounds like you may be the same account as the OP of this thread, but since I cannot be certain, I want to just clarify that a) the OP has been sent an email from me with further instructions and an offer to honor the promotion and b) the issue in this thread has arisen because a VoIP number was used for registration, which is not compatible with our verification processes. I'm actually very grateful that this was brought up, as our developers and our security teams are now working together to identify why a VoIP number can be used for registration, even though it may cause problems later - our goal is to identify these numbers before they are submitted so we can properly educate someone who is registering on the site or even block those numbers from being used (and thus prevent a problem before it happens). 

The OP is welcome to review the email I sent to the address on file for their account and reply if they have any questions or concerns. We will work to improve our processes to avoid these kinds of issues, and also work with them directly to honor the promotion.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬.

Hi @california-vintage-neon, it sounds like you may be the same account as the OP of this thread, but since I cannot be certain, I want to just clarify that a) the OP has been sent an email from me with further instructions and an offer to honor the promotion and b) the issue in this thread has arisen because a VoIP number was used for registration, which is not compatible with our verification processes. I'm actually very grateful that this was brought up, as our developers and our security teams are now working together to identify why a VoIP number can be used for registration, even though it may cause problems later - our goal is to identify these numbers before they are submitted so we can properly educate someone who is registering on the site or even block those numbers from being used (and thus prevent a problem before it happens). 

The OP is welcome to review the email I sent to the address on file for their account and reply if they have any questions or concerns. We will work to improve our processes to avoid these kinds of issues, and also work with them directly to honor the promotion.

Hi @@Anonymous So, does this mean that anyone using a VPN could not be verified by eBay? Or, does VoIP mean something different than having a VPN-generated IP address?

Thanks

PW🐿

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prettywoman-2012 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬.

Hi @@Anonymous So, does this mean that anyone using a VPN could not be verified by eBay? Or, does VoIP mean something different than having a VPN-generated IP address?

Thanks

PW🐿

Hi @prettywoman-2012, VoIP references services that allow for making phone calls using an internet based service. While a phone number may exist and these services do offer many benefits, they are not compatible with our account verification process.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

VoIP - Voice Over Internet Protocol. Essentially online telephone calling. I have a Google Voice number for our home phone. The box was a one-time $50, the service is free. Our cell service is not great out here and I wanted a decent home phone, and I don't want to pay Bellsouth $46 a month for a phone we might use ten times a month.

Most places will not allow VoIP for verification since the potential for fraud is huge. Anyone can get a US phone number no matter where in the world they  may be.

I verify with my cell phone.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

VoIP references services that allow for making phone calls using an internet based service. While a phone number may exist and these services do offer many benefits, they are not compatible with our account verification process.

Well, that answers a question.  I have VoIP and was having trouble with 'unverified' phone number and had to use my cell (I live in a cell reception black hole which makes things interesting). I couldn't figure out why the phone number I've had for years could not be verified.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 19
latest reply