cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Money Back Guarantee Topic

Hello Sellers,

I'm a seller and I just wanted to share some helpful information about the eBay Money Back Guarantee. If you haven't looked at it recently here are the terms:

eBay Money Back Guarantee,

Buyers can get their money back if an item didn't arrive.

Buyers can get their money back if an item is faulty or damaged (faulty is an adjective which means working badly or unreliably because of imperfections – source Dictionary).

Buyers can get their money back if an item doesn't match the listing.

No where does the policy include the following reasons buyers use for returns/refunds:

I just didn't like it. (Buyers remorse)

This doesn't seem like an Authentic Product.

I purchased this by mistake. 

There may be more non- money back guarantee reasons buyers use for returns/refunds that eBay Customer Service automatically approves you may want to include in this forum; please feel free to respond. 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Ebay Money Back Guarantee Topic

I had this happen earlier this year.  I sold a shirt that I described as like new, when the buyer got it she claimed it had stains all over it and wanted to return.  I accepted the return, and got it back, still in nearly perfect condition.  So, basically I’m out the return shipping for her changing her mind.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Good to know and I appreciate your feedback. What is INAD if I may ask? Thank You!

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Significantly Not As Described 

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@beautyforless4u wrote:

I think the only advantage to accepting returns as a TRS is the following rule eBay follows and TRS can recover a loss of revenue by issuing  a 50% return:

In accordance with eBay’s return policy, buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received. Top Rated sellers who offer free returns may provide a partial refund to account for the loss in the item's value. Buyer has 10 business days from the date of the partial refund to ask eBay to step in and help. Rest assured, if we decide that the buyer is eligible for a full refund, eBay will cover the remaining amount.

Top rated sellers who offer 30-day returns can access the (up to) 50% discount for damage.

Sellers rated above average have to offer 30-day FREE returns to access the (up to) 50% discount for damage.

There is an intermediate policy between no-returns and free returns, and that's the very common 30-day buyer pays returns for non-SNADs. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@beautyforless4u wrote:

Good to know! What is SNAD? Thanks for your response.

Significantly Not As Described

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@glorybells wrote:

I had this happen earlier this year.  I sold a shirt that I described as like new, when the buyer got it she claimed it had stains all over it and wanted to return.  I accepted the return, and got it back, still in nearly perfect condition.  So, basically I’m out the return shipping for her changing her mind.

Did you report the buyer for abusing the MBG?

It sucks, but as long as Ebay allows it, there's not much we can do.

I know Ebay will never do it, but buyers should have to provide some kind of proof to back up their claim, then Ebay could decide if they can return it or not.

Have a great day
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@beautyforless4u wrote:

Good to know and I appreciate your feedback. What is INAD if I may ask? Thank You!

Item Not As Described It took the place of SNAD when the MBG went into effect and the seller had no way to dispute the claim.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Yes I did report the buyer. I knew this would be a great topic for conversation. I'm not really too concerned about returns / refunds because looking at stats....out of 2500 transactions my return request rate was 0.3 % so I should feel fortunate that the business doesn't have that many return requests from fraudulent buyers or buyers who are out to scam.  Thanks!

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@downunder-61

>Or they found a crack pipe in a shoe......... 

Or lab equipment that looks like a koala in drag.......

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@beautyforless4u 

Here's a great glossary of almost all of them. You really need it to understand posts here.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/eBay-Community-Glossary/m-p/27131549

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Thank you for sharing the glossary...I really did need it. 🏆

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

These days I am becoming less and less concerned with the eBay MBG policy and more concerned with the increasing number of chargebacks that takes eBay completely out of the picture. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply