cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay $30 selling promotion scam!

On Sep 24th, in my hotmail personal email box I got an email from Ebay saying I was offfed a  $30 promotion: If I list 3 items after Sep 25th, and the items are sold before Oct 5th, I will get $30 Ebay coupon ($5 for the first one, $10 for the second, and another $15 for the third one). Then I went to my Ebay account, and it shows the offer/promotion activated. Then I started to sell stuff, by Oct 5th, I sold 3 items that cost more than $40 averge which met every condition that listed in the promotion. But after that I don't see any coupon in my account, and all of my message/promotion was just wiped out including the email in my personal email box. I am pretty sure that I didn't delete anything, because I don't delete stuff. 

Then I called the Ebay custom service, guess what, they will need a copy of the original promotion/Email to process. How am I supposed to get the copy when they are wipe out by Ebay, This is a total scam, I could have got more if I sell on craigslist for my items. I was selling on Ebay only becasue there was a 'COUPON'!. Then I did some reasearch on google, looks like some people also experience this. And I don't see any explanation from Ebay so far. So whoever see this, be aware, you will probably get nothing but upset.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I started my own thread on this.  If the message from eBay was ever in my Messages Inbox, eBay indeed deleted it.  Luckily, as soon as I received the email, I copied it onto my own personal inbox on my own hard drive--so I do have a copy.  Here is a copy&paste of the promotion, with my own username X'd out.

By invitation only and applies to XXXXXX; do not forward.

Please note: Invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page.

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer, and list pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price format on www.ebay.com, sell one or more items for $10 or more (excluding taxes and shipping), and receive payment in full for the item(s) are eligible to earn eBay Coupon (“Coupon”).

Sellers who sell 1 item for $10 or more will receive a $5 Coupon; sellers who sell two items for $10 or more each will receive a $15 Coupon; and sellers who sell three items for $10 or more each will receive a $30 Coupon. See the table below for more details. Maximum one (1) coupon per qualifying seller. Each listing will count as 1 qualifying item.

Who's eligible?
This Promotion is available to Sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the Promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
The Promotion will begin on Tuesday, September 19, 2017, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com (“Promotion Listing Period”). Sellers who create listings during the Promotion Listing Period, complete a final sale of $10 or more, and receive payment in full for the item(s) from the buyer by 23:59:59 PT on Monday, October 16, 2017, will be eligible to earn a Coupon.

Shop for eligible items. Check Coupon for eligibility.

Pay for your item with PayPal before the Coupon expiration date.

Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field.

How do I receive the Coupon?
The value of the Coupon will be based on the total number of items  that are  listed during the Promotion Listing Period that sell for $10 or more by Monday, October 16, 2017, for a maximum cumulative value of $30. Total Coupons earned will be determined as follows:

Cumulative Number Items Sold for $10 or More

Coupon Reward

$5 Coupon

$15 Coupon

$30 Coupon

An item is defined as listed when it is posted for sale on eBay.com and the listing is maintained until 1) the item sells or 2) the end of the listing period is reached. An item is defined as sold when it is paid for in full by a buyer. The eBay Coupon will be awarded within 2 weeks of Monday, October 16, 2017. Once awarded, the Coupon will also be available in the "Messages" tab within "My eBay". The Coupon is not transferable. Limit of one (1) Coupon per eligible, participating seller. Users will have until the date listed on the Coupon to redeem on www.ebay.com.

ADDITIONAL TERMS:

Please take time to read the full terms for all the details.

• Seller will not be able to redeem Coupon when purchasing items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories.
  • Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.
  • All listings must comply with eBay policies, including eBay's Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after, the Promotion Listing Period.

eBay Coupons Frequently Asked Questions

Here's how to redeem your coupon:
1. Shop for eligible items. Check the coupon for eligibility.
2. Pay for your item with PayPal before the expiration date on the coupon.
3. Enter the code in the redemption code field.

Still have questions? Visit our step-by-step guide.

Coupon Terms & Conditions
The Coupon will expire at 11:59:59PM PT on the date shown on the Coupon. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of an eligible item on www.eBay.com. The Coupon may be used only one time for up to the maximum discount amount shown on the Coupon, while supplies last. Coupon restrictions and/or exclusions, if any, will be designated in each Coupon offer. Only registered eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in the United States or Canada can receive the discount. Any unused difference between discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

The Coupon is void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and has no face value. The Coupon is subject to US laws and cannot be combined with any other Coupon. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Start selling

Reference Code: 5619

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Ebay can't go into your personal email and delete or retract messages. 100000% impossible.

On your seller hub go to Promotional Offers and expand on "expired" and see what is there.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Ebay can't erase messages in your hotmail...
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

There is one expired promotion, but it is not the $30 coupon one. And to erase a message, ebay doesn't have to go to my email box, it can just recall a sent email, then the email will just gone. I do this all the time in outlook for cancelling the email that I've already sent out. I am not sure exactly what they did, but it should be pretty much the same.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

For you people think recall a message is impossible, do some google pls.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@taira_0 wrote:

For you people think recall a message is impossible, do some google pls.

What you're describing is not possible. And why would ebay do this anyway? Do you really believe there is some conspiracy where ebay is trying to cheat you out of THIRTY DOLLARS??

Come on, be serious....

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Have you checked the trash folder in your ebay messages in case it ended up there somehow!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@new-man7 wrote:

Have you checked the trash folder in your ebay messages in case it ended up there somehow!

OP is claiming that ebay removed it from their ebay messages AND from their private email, which is impossible and ridiculous to even suggest.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

It's been a long time since I have used outlook but as I remember you could only recall unread messages and it notified the receivers that you you recalled an email.

It just seems more likely that you are human and mistakes happen and maybe you just deleted it on accident or moved it somewhere it shouldn't be.

I am a bit surprised that if there was such a promotion, that ebay just wouldn't honor it without proof of email.

I never get sent these promotions...I am on their "don't send promotional offers, she'll sell anyway" list lol

I guess in the future if you get these offers and want to use them, I would screen shot every step of the way.
Sorry!
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@taira_0 wrote:

There is one expired promotion, but it is not the $30 coupon one. And to erase a message, ebay doesn't have to go to my email box, it can just recall a sent email, then the email will just gone. I do this all the time in outlook for cancelling the email that I've already sent out. I am not sure exactly what they did, but it should be pretty much the same.

Yeah, eBay isn't doing that

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Checked everywhere, unfortunately nothing. I received the message in my ebay account when I got the email on Sep 24th. I  remember clearly seeing this message, saying the offer was activated (probably after I click some 'activate' buttom, can't remember that clearly). Anyway the message just disappeared right after it was activated, as well as the email. I noticed that immediately but I thought the offer is still active. I would have taken a screenshot if I knew this.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

guess i thought it was a "coupon" like the kind that simply gives you credit on the next statement(invoice) ... so nothing that you get..as in to use to shop...it is used against the fees that the PROMOTIONS would charge otherwise..... maybe i'm wrong but that's what i thought i remembered seeing awhile back.... and if i'm wrong, then ok..I 'm just remembering--- it wednesday right?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

If you will you can google it. The same thing happened to quite some people. If by human mistake, the chance I could delete both email and message in my ebay account is very rear. Plus, all other email and message form Ebay are still there only execpt for this one with offer on the particular date. 

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

I am serious, that is why I am posting here. If you think this is not possible, just google it. The same thing happened to quite some people out there. You think THIRTY DOLLARS is not money? what do you think if hundreds/thousands people get cheat?  

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I'm not a conspiracy theory person by nature so it's hard for me to accept that ebay put out an email to thousand or millions of people to get them to sell and then retract all the messages, but if I am wrong I would totally eat my words!!

Do you have another email account?  Is it possible that ebay sent this to another email account that is not associated with your ebay account in an effort to get a new seller?

Message 15 of 27
latest reply