cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy pricing not working

Anyone else having trouble with easy pricing? Every time my auction relists the price is supposed to decrease but it keeps listing at the same price.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Easy pricing not working

I would not use that feature if you paid me. That said, just reduce the price, manually.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

@gamecock25 wrote:

Anyone else having trouble with easy pricing? Every time my auction relists the price is supposed to decrease but it keeps listing at the same price.

How unique.  The only comments I have seen on this were complaints because it was working.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Auctions do not automatically relist. When YOU relist them, you can easily change the price.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Auctions do not automatically relist. When YOU relist them, you can easily change the price.

@coolections
Auctions can relist automartically 

auctions relist up to 8 times.JPG

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@gamecock25

Easy pricing isn't for auctions it is for fixed price listings & will drop the price 10 days after you start the listing .

Starting 10 days after listing, we'll lower the price (5% every 5 days) until your item sells or gets to $xx.xx. We'll notify buyers who showed interest each time the price drops. Turn it off anytime by going to your listing."

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

It’s not working for fixed price either. In the app it does give the option for easy pricing for auctions. Similar language, it’s just reduced each time the auction is relisted. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Sorry I haven't used it but just tried pulling up one of my drafts on my iPhone for an auction and it does say we'll lower your starting bid 5% each time your item is auto-relisted until it sells or gets to $0.00 ( Hello nope won't be using that ) Notifying buyers who showed interest .

So your correct I thought it was fixed only that they would lower starting 10 days after listing and then 5% every 5 days.

So can't say why it isn't working for you.
Don't see many posts about it so really can't say if others are having the issue as well. 
Good luck

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I can't see why anyone would let eBay decide what price their item should sell for. 

Use your brain, do the necessary research, sell it for what it's worth.  Decide for yourself if and when you want to change the price and by how much.  Be an intelligent seller.  Otherwise you are likely to lose a lot of money. 

labs - this isn't directed at you, yours was just the last post so I "replied" to it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I have enabled Easy Pricing on all my FIXED PRICED  Good Till Sold or Canceled listings through my mobile app because I could not find a way to enable it on the web site and Customer Support never called me back to answer my question.  Even though Easy Pricing is enabled per my mobile app view, IT IS NOT WORKING.  The only thing I could surmise is that it does not work if you have a subscription or eBay store.   I really wish it would work - it would save me a lot of trouble with markdown promotions.  If it starts to work for anyone, please post so we can see how you got it to work.  Thanks

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Mine do not work after 10 days nor does it work when my items are relisted.  It just DOES NOT WORK Period.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Sorry I haven't used it but just tried pulling up one of my drafts on my iPhone for an auction and it does say we'll lower your starting bid 5% each time your item is auto-relisted until it sells or gets to $0.00 ( Hello nope won't be using that ) Notifying buyers who showed interest .

So your correct I thought it was fixed only that they would lower starting 10 days after listing and then 5% every 5 days.

So can't say why it isn't working for you.
Don't see many posts about it so really can't say if others are having the issue as well. 
Good luck

The whole idea of an auction is to start it at a price you're happy selling for (if it only gets one bid). Why on earth would you want that SP lowered every time it relists?

Things like this make me think ebay is getting desperate and thinks all the sellers are as desperate as they are.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

And on the subject of lowering prices, as GTC doesn't roll into unsolds but just renews, how many sellers would notice if ebay starting lowering the price a smidge every time it renews?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Has this been resolved for anyone yet? I have encountered the same issue. I have easy pricing enables on many of my items, primarily for fixed priced items, that Im in not in a rush to sell and so start out at a high price that I think they could perhaps fetch, and then theoretically as per the feature, would drop in price automatically until it bottomed out at my minimum sell price. 

However, after checking on those items after 10 days the price seems to still be listed at the same price it started at. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I'm getting the same thing.  Its not working 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply