cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVERTHING IS WRONG!!!!

EVERYTIME I GET ON EBAY THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG!!! THEY KEEP SWITCHING AND CHANGING THING THAT DON'T NEED TO BE CHANGED. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THEY THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO MESS WITH SOMETHING WHEN IT IS NOT BROKE ????😣

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: EVERTHING IS WRONG!!!!

@anubisjackel12 wrote:

EVERYTIME I GET ON EBAY THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG!!! THEY KEEP SWITCHING AND CHANGING THING THAT DON'T NEED TO BE CHANGED. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THEY THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO MESS WITH SOMETHING WHEN IT IS NOT BROKE ????😣

You may be having trouble because your CapsLock is stuck, affecting function. 

Other than that, I can say only that what is "not broke" for you may well be "broke" for other users.  "Switching and changing" that you hate may be seen as real improvement by others. 

So complain all you like if it makes you feel better, but remember that (a) the system was not designed for any one of us,  personally, and (b) it's going to continue to change, challenging our ability to adapt.  Only you can say when that becomes too frustrating for you to bear.

=

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

@anubisjackel12 wrote:

Well an un-informative post: if one can not say what was wrong no one can fix it can they??

As for Ebay some one seems to have forgotten some basic rules
If it is NOT broke do NOT fix it.

And Kiss

Keep it simple stupid....

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

@anubisjackel12 wrote:

Well an un-informative post: if one can not say what was wrong no one can fix it can they??

EVERYTHING IS WRONG!!!! Quote - unquote 😋😋

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Keeping up with the Jones'? Really? Is that where ebay is today? At one time it was the trailblazer. All the others had to keep up with it! Now, after years of "Enhancing the Experience" it finds it has to change to keep up with the Jones'... Like it's been said, the children were left unattended and made a mess of things. All ebay can do now is try and keep up with all the others who are doing what they used to be able to do.  No doubt it will continue and make profits for the shareholders. I get that. But the cost to their users is never that important and that is a sad state of affairs in todays ebay world. It would be nice if some of their "enhancements" might be considered in how they could benefit their users instead of not.

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Now, everything's wrong, ain't nothin' right / eBay's got me singin' the blues...

unnamed.jpg

=

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

Amazon wannabees for sure

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

I FEEL YOUR PAIN & FRUSTRATION!!!, IT IS EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING!!!, It is only building More & More Anger Here & needs to STOP!!!

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

I like the Pinto. I could fix it with a few hand tools, and did not have to wait 4 weeks for the dealer to fix it.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Ignorant children making the decisions that do not list items for sale on ebay. the new system takes way to much time. if the Ignorant children making the decisions listed items they to would like the older system better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Several months back, I was hit with this same dilemma. It seemed to only happen if I used the "sell similar" (coincidence?) format. For what ever reason, the last two dollar positions would default to *00*.......A pricing method that I never use. Thus for several weeks I had to really watch closely and correct anyway new listing prices that had defaulted incorrectly. Then as quickly as the trouble showed up, it stopped. I never contacted eBay about this, as that has [of late] become just too much like hard work. 

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

If you read these boards long enough you will see many complaining that everything is broken all the time here. So what is it that was not broken that is now broken that you are complaining about ?

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@tatertot2u57 

Took a 2 month break, just now  wanted to try again only to find my unsold listings ( for 2 months to the day ) are toast. 

This won't help today, but in future, perhaps.
I have a desktop file with the description of every item I have ever sold, since Descriptions have been the hardest part to work with.
I suppose if I were working in  ItemSpecifics heavy categories this would not be as useful.
I also have a file of every picture/scan I have ever listed.
Twenty years + of descriptions.
I have even occasionally backed those up to thumb drives.
I do not trust third parties. I do not trust the internet in general.
I am old and cranky.
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

Ebay has become really big on "updating" & "modernizing".  Some of that is absolutely necessary to keep up with the marketplace & a lot of it is unnecessary "modernizing".   It can be really frustrating.   There was recently a change to 1 of the screens that was causing me problems.  I replied several times on the 'tell us what you think' link & was contacted & even did a live session with Ebay developers to show them what I was experiencing.   I'm a former IT developer myself, so I'm in my element doing that.  What was frustrating after they saw what was happening & couldn't explain it, I asked why they changed the screen & the response was simply to "modernize it".   That part is frustrating. 

A lot of the modernization is for cell phones & while some of it is necessary for phones, most of my customers use PC's & it looks wonky on the PC with so much white space everywhere & giant everything.  It's frustrating, but much of it is necessary. 

As an aside, I have been contacted multiple times after using the "tell us what you think" link, so if something about a newly changed screen is bothering you, it may be well worth taking the time to tell them. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@dnasilver wrote:

wax build up?

Not anymore....

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Personally, I like the seller hub much more than the old page.  It has much more data to explore.  I am sure when they change the seller hub into something else (and they will eventually... I guar-on-tee it), I will be the old grouch on here screaming about the good ole days and how convenient the seller hub was...  I do hate change.

The point is, when anything changes, there will be those that love it (they dont comment on boards or reviews much) and those that hate it.   If it stayed the same, there would be those that love it and those that hate it.  

The site will always change.  Everything will always change.  In my grandfathers time life changes came twice in a lifetime.  In my fathers age, it was once in a decade.  In my age, it seems every year.  The next generation will be almost daily.  Such is life.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply