cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop shipping on Ebay

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to drop ship on Ebay? If possible what are the limitations and how we can do it in the best manner without violating the platform rules?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Drop shipping on Ebay

Start by going to "Help" and type in Drop Shipping if you have not done that. Quick take away from the rules, is you have to OWN the items in some way that you are selling/shipping and just using a warehouse to store and ship it for you. You would also need to keep an inventory of what you have, so don't cancel of out of stock. In other words, you can't sell something you don't own, by buying it after you make a sale.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

Short answer, no.  Even if you could it would be impossible.  Certainly go ahead and confuse your buyers on your own website.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

Drop shipping is where you buy stock from a supplier that you have contracted with, and that supplier directly sends the items to your buyers. You personally do not see or ship the items you are selling. In this type of arrangement, you the Ebay seller handle any problems that may arise such as items not as described claims or item not received claims. All the risk and responsibility falls to you and not your supplier.

If your supplier sends the wrong item, it's YOUR problem.   If the supplier is out of stock, it's YOUR problem. If the seller never ships, it's YOUR problem. If the item arrives broken, it's YOUR problem.

Listing an item on Ebay and then purchasing the item from another retailer or marketplace that ships directly to your customer is not allowed.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

Short answer is yes you can by following eBay rules.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

@load4966 

You're not ready to dropship if you have to ask.

Spend some time reading about it and learn what you can and can't do.

Many new dropshippers don't last very long here.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

@load4966 wrote:

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to drop ship on Ebay? If possible what are the limitations and how we can do it in the best manner without violating the platform rules?

Thank you. 

Very good idea to ask before doing. Not impossible but very hard. Just think about it, if a company has a product that will sell on lineebay why would they not sell the items it themselves ?

There are those who drop ship from Amazon to ebay, using Prime free shipping and put 50,000 or so Amazon items on ebay with very tight margins, as far as I can tell these always go down in flames after a while.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

People can drop-ship from Amazon fulfillment services, they do own the goods shipped by Amazon.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

It is allowed. You have to use a real dropship company. You can't just hand the order off to another mail order seller.  That said, while it's allowed it not a great idea.  Any problems end up on your account and any returns your refunding.  You have NO control on when, what or if the drop shipper sends to the buyer. They do run out of stock now and then.  They make is seem so easy. Your own little money machine making you money 24/7.

If it was that easy, they would just sell that stuff why would they need you?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

You CAN but it's fraught with risk and customer issues especially timeliness of delivery.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

@redmodelt wrote:

People can drop-ship from Amazon fulfillment services, they do own the goods shipped by Amazon.

Yes you can, but I seriously doubt that the sellers with 50,000 stock photo listings with free shipping with titles that match Amazon word for word, with feedback comments showing displeasure with the item coming from Amazon or not at all are doing that.

A few years ago I noticed that 1 of these sellers were selling a item that I buy wholesale for well less than wholesale, I checked on Amazon and they were even cheaper there, at that time the item sold much better on ebay than Amazon, I liked the price so much I bought all that Amazon had and all that the ebay seller had, this happened a few more times in the next few months, I was very disappointed though, the ebay seller canceled on me every time.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

Thank you everyone for your kind response. Really appreciate. 

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

I don't recommend it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Drop shipping on Ebay

Lots of Amazon drop shippers here.  No idea how to make it work long term unless your a programming ace.  Let alone the return process.  How do you control the price changes on Amazon?

Message 15 of 22
latest reply