cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in Sales

I made some changes to my store catagories and description.  My sales have dropped from 8-10 a week, to about 4 per month.  I have spoken to Ebay, without any satisfaction I may add.  They said the changes I made should not have affected my sales.  SO......the question I have is "what has happened?"  Ebay also insisted that there was no problems on there end.  I am stumped.  Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drop in Sales

... You sell within an entire different market than I, but if it's any consolation my sales have been dramatically down all year, and I haven't seen as erratic of buying patterns as with this year for reason unknown ...

... if it's any help, I went thru the current specific listing Categories for my goods and scouted out the completed listings, just to see if any of my competition was eatin' me up and Thankfully they're in a slump too ... that may sound terrible yet it was a Relief for me ... lol ...

... as a suggestion, maybe try to go thru completed listings as it applies to Your specific categories and do the same ... then do a search by item title alone for a particular item You sell and compare the completed results with that seperate search ... what we wanna do is see if any other Sellers are moving Goods similar to Yours, and if so, click onto the completed listing and check out the exact Cat that they had used ... also check out item titles of the sold goods in the completed listings

... by doing this, we're covering the completed listings no matter if the Buying is thru "shop by Categorey" as well as if a Buyer is using only a search by item title thru the search bar ...

... I've been selling the same type of items since 2005 and quite Honestly this is by far the slowest I've seen ... I thought last year was slow, but this one is even slower and way more erratic ... some days up then a bunch of days down ...

... Hope this helps ... Good Luck and Hang in There ... You aren't alone ...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you so much for your response.  Your answer does help!  I made changes in my store catagories and store description and thought that was the problem.  The changes were made in Arpil.   By June, my sales had dropped from 8-10 per week to 4-5 per month.  

In speaking to eBay they assured me it was nothing I had done....so I questioned what they had done.  No answer there, except to say, offer "FREE SHIPPING" on all my items.  I do believe they have made or have been making changes to the site and to policies that are affecting smaller sellers. 

Well, anyway, thanks again.  I will do as you suggest and review my sales and see what I find.  I hope you have a great week.

Take care

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've had a drop in sales recently too. I was averaging 3 - 5 sales daily until about 2 weeks ago. For the past 2 weeks I've been getting 1 - 2 sales every 3 days or so. I went two 3 day periods with no sales during the past 2 weeks. Made 2 sales in the last 24 hours so that is something, definitely a drop off though. Not sure if it is across the board for everyone. Hopefully it won't last for any of us 🙂
Message 4 of 4
latest reply