cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft disappered

Hello! 

Does everybody know what has happened to eBay? I used it long for buying things but now I wanted to sell a suit, hang photos and full text (these are simple things) but now within two months all dissapeared. 

Are they changing their graphics and delete all users data? Crazy programmists they have! 

I would fire my programmists for that!

I published my product in december 2021 then i couldnt publish it because pioneer confirmations about bank account --- they were so slow! and now jan 31 2022 my draft (full text and photos) has disappeared! I thought it's some policy for Russian market .. They do not value the time of their customers/clients, that is really sad.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Draft disappered

If eBay kept the drafts of everyone forever, think of all the hard drive space that would take. I don't know how long drafts are kept but I am pretty sure it will not be for two months. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, it's best to not get too attached to your drafts.  They hang around about a month and then they come first for your photos and then shortly everything is gone. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yep, you are correct. 

I believe a simple edit to a draft with a minor change every 2-3 weeks will restart the "holding" time period. I have not tried this but it may work!!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Drafts will disappear after 30 days of being "saved" or "updated" as a file. If you want to keep the draft longer than 30 days go to the draft file before the 30 day mark and re-save or update it. In your Drafts menu be sure to pay attention to the Last Updated Date in the right column area for your listings. EBay will email a reminder to compete the draft if you're set up to receive notifications. IMO, it's better to create the Item Description in a word processor, copy and paste the text into the eBay draft and save the word processor text file to serve as a backup in case eBay loses the draft (it happens).   

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I know  that this is old, but it fits in with a similar situation that I have had happen.

I do my entire draft onto the phone app. I will go home, and open my desk/laptop to look for it to tweak and complete it, but it is gone. This is not 30+ days later. Sometimes it's a few days, or even hours.

What's going on?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@yakc130 

This person is from the Russian Federation.  When the conflict started , Russia and the Ukraine were blocked from selling due to the fact that customers may not receive their items.  They were suspended from selling until things cleared up.  Your situation is completely different as you are located in the US. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you don't save your draft it will disappear.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply