cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone find ?????????

Are any sellers finding that the make an offer people are become more aggitated and rude towards sellers that do not offer a huge discount?

I have had a rash lateley and they are getting more and more aggitated and rude and then sending messages like .....well why have a best offer if all your giving is a 1.00 off.....and ......Why even bother with dealing with you..... 

I mean Shipping has increased, I already have the lowest price and you (the offerer) want to send me a personal message asking why I only give a 1.00 off of a 22.99 item that has to be shipped at 7.50 bubble envelope and the product retails for 36.00 and you only offered 16.00 to start with.  Told the buyer if you buy more than one....(I offer free shipping).... then I can discount accordingly.......but then got some more inappropriate  email.  

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a larger number of rude buyers when refusing to accept offers....especially unreasonable ones.  I mean I don't email them and say, Can't you see I am already the lowest price why would you make such a rediculous offer?....but maybe I should.

I think Ebay has created another monster.  I used to just let them go but they seem to be increasing.

Rich 

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Does anyone find ?????????

Are any sellers finding that the make an offer people are become more aggitated and rude towards sellers that do not offer a huge discount? No, I haven't run into that at all. I'm sure there are buyers like that, but if its some sort of trend, it has bypassed me.
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Cool, 

100% of all my listings are BIN listings....But Ebay in their infinite wisdom has decided to put all products a seller sells into the Best offer category.......and I have stated before I use the best offer for people who would like to buy multiple of my items.....so since I ship for free, I can discount as my shipping is cheaper.  Not saying that I am not up for offer either, but as the thread indicates, 

People are getting progressively ruder towards people who will not take low-ball offers.  And some of use do not want to play GAMES....this is a business.  If you do not like my price and the fact that I did not accept your offer, move on. ........ 13.99 item with free shipping....starting offer at 5.00 and 4 offers after that at 1.00 incraments before rude comment yesterday.  Was traveling so I could not get in to block on my phone....probably because I did not know how.

Sorry but this is not a game to me...... that is my point.

Rich  

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I agree with you Caninekopz, this is not a game to me either and most of the 'best offers' I get are never going to turn into a sale.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Yup, I've had the rudeness!

People expecting 30-60% off on day 1 of a listing even if I have the lowest price out there. Seriously?!?

Maybe on day 25 of a listing. Maybe.

Maybe if you buying bulk. Maybe.

Maybe if you're a repeat customer (ha!). Maybe.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

No games being played, you either offer a realistic acceptable price or you move on, prices in most cases are extremely low anyway, seems you think sellers should give it away as long as your happy !
Message 35 of 35
latest reply