cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody like the new categories search in your ebay store?

I don't like it. 

I like when you could SEE all the categories at a glimpse without having to use a drop down menu. 

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

My store looks completely stripped down and unsearchable now.  Sigh.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I liked it when buyers could search my store and eBay would show the item(s) if I my listings for this item were active. No, I don't like the new category structure, but even worse is that many of my items won't show in a search of my store unless:

1) the buyer searches my store using "cake" instead of "cake stand" or "butter" instead of "butter dish" or

2) the buyer switches back to "all categories" and searches my store a second time.

Even if the buyer manually chooses "all categories" before doing their search, the "all category" search changes to some other category in which my items aren't listed. If a buyer doesn't do step one or two above, searching my store for a "cake stand" or "butter dish" will return zero results. I reported this issue in Wednesday's "Weekly Chat with eBay Staff"; tyler@ebay told me that he would report this concern so hopefully this gets fixed, although I don't have very high hopes.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

For all of the reasons mentioned above, I do NOT like the new store layout. Especially the "see all" button at the bottom of the first page. I've had several repeat buyers not see this button. So they only see the first page of my items. They have sent me messages asking what happened to all my items. 

When you are at the end of a page, your mind is looking for the typical "prev page 1 2 3 4 5... next page" set up. People don't even see that black "see all" oval. Then when they click the "see all" oval, they have to sit and wait until all items load. If that's not obnoxious enough for a Buyer, the "see all" starts the Buyer back at the beginning of page 1 that the Buyer has already trudged through. YUCK

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Not at all. Not only did they take away the category tree in the left column, but they defaulted search to "Best Match" , and only display a few items before showing a not very visible "See All Items" button at the bottom. Best Match is not good for collectibles where buyers are searching for hard to find and not common items. There is no need for "best match" in an individual sellers store. I am very furstrated! I  have 3 of a particular subject of holiday postcard listed in my store, yet my phone search just shows one result. If I look on my desktop I can see all three. So, if this was truly done to accommodate the mobile app, it's not working (at least for sellers).

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

NO!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I like it as it looks more modern 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

I like it as it looks more modern 

Check yer kool-aid there Humprey....its been spiked!!!   🙃😁

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

😛taste 

MMMMM, not spiked but tastes great! 😂

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

On the mobile app, which I believe it is usually said more buyers use than PC, your store front has never displayed the categories by default, buyers have always had to click to get to the category list. As with most new things, on ebay or elsewhere, there will be a period of adjustment, but frankly I think most buyers will adjust quickly.

I'm fine with the new category set up. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

At first I thought it was okay but after making adjustments and putting in featured items, I can not for the life of me figure out how do I undo or replace the pics. Also the search engine in my store that I use myself when finding an time to use for a template is horrible. I put the word Tonka and nothing comes up in my store as if I dont have any. I just dont have it in me to be **bleep** off anymore, though. If they tick me off enough I just list somewhere else until they tick me off and I come back lol. This has been my new listing formula for the last several years lol. As the years go on I find myself on other sites more and more. Try not to quibble over what you have no control of. I cant control them and I definitely can not figure out their self destructive tendencies.  

Cindy
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

When looking at a store, I am getting a thumbs up / thumbs down feedback request.  That takes you to a full feedback form to send in.  Not sure if everybody is getting that but I have filled it out several times now with the thumbs down for different issues regarding loss of functionality.

It is hard to fathom where the "human factors" staff was when this was designed?  I guess they are the first to go because what they do is not directly traceable to the bottom line.  eBay.... you need more Human Factors experts on your design staff!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

and Less Filling!!!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

They're probably making space for future ads on the right and left of the store.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply