cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Watchers get notification of price changes?

I don't recall ever getting notice of a price change on an item I'm watching on eBay, has anyone ever got one?  All my current listings are FP, due to end on Thursday before going dark until late on the 23rd.  I thought I'd try something new and a few days ago I adjusted the price downward on everything that had a watcher.  That was a grand total of 15 items out of just over 200.  I lowered the price from $.50 to $2 depending on the price of the item, just to see if the watchers would step up.  I changed the prices so that they ended in odd numbers ($XX.49 or $X.99) so I could remember them.  Did sell one item, but of course no way to tell if the watcher was actually the buyer.  I adjusted another 6 items today.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

No they don't
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Would be cool if they did
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I watch my own items from my 5 different accounts to generate interest and sales. Get my own price reduction notification emails all the time. 

watch.JPG

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Banana........that's showing a markdown sale, I think.  Do you get one when all you do is reduce price?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

i never received a message or email but years ago when i used to look at my watch list, if someone lowered a bin price, it had an orange banner that said price was lowered or price reduction or something on that order. it did stand out being in the orange banner.

but i haven't seen that in a few years and now i see nothing but a price change and if i don't look close at the prices, i never notice it. wish they would bring that orange banner back. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I also get email notification on watched items when the seller reduces the price,at least sometimes...

Who knows if every item I watch that gets the price lowered I get email notification on.... there is really no way to tell ,unless I am looking at the item in my watch list and notice the price lowered,I have never noticed that by the way...

So YES at least sometimes I get notification on items being watched,when the price is REDUCED!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yes. I get them all the time. Same as Banana. I watch my own items. I get an e-mail when I lower my price or add free shipping. I often get a sale within minutes of the change. I have to *ass*ume that the Buyer got a notification  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for info!!!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

"Do Watchers get notification of price changes?"

Yes, I do.

1. I 'watched' my must have items  (not my own) - 

2. Recieved eB's emails whenever the price of that particular item goes up or down.

3. Either way, the email will generate a message along the lines like :

" .... get it before it gets away ... "

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I get email notices, when something I'm watching, gets the price lowered...

I don't know how this works, I use the easy listing tool and I've lowered prices, but don't know if the watchers are being notified...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes Super Cool 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

As a watcher, I have received "price lowered" notice on watched items. So yes you do. Also if you end a listing and RELIST it (not sell similar) the watchers will be notified that the item they were watching has been relisted.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply