cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Positively Resolved Replacement Cases Reduce eBay Searches For Your Item?

Would a replacement case resolved to the satisfaction of a customer reduce how well my item is searched for on eBay? 

I have a case open where they want a replacement, and in order to create them a return UPS label with the discount, I need to do it through my eBay account. I just spoke with support and they said it does not impact the ebay search when you have a case resolved for the customer, but I'm not sure if they are just not allowed to disclose that info.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have the buyer open up a return via the ebay return process, issue a refund upon its a return, & then have the buyer place a new order. That is the cleanest way & will not impact you on the ebay search! Just make sure to issue the refund for the return as soon as it reaches you.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@alchemists-crucible wrote:

Would a replacement case resolved to the satisfaction of a customer reduce how well my item is searched for on eBay? 

Best Match is a complicated scoring system that considers dozens - if not hundreds - of factors about both the listing and the seller.

I have no doubt that the number of disputes filed against the seller would be factored into that system, and IMHO that would make sense.

Given two sellers who are identical except that one has attracted no disputes and one has attracted a number of disputes, it makes sense that eBay would favor the one with no disputes.

But after what point it would affect the seller and to what degree is not anything anyone on this board is likely to know. I sincerely doubt a single case would affect anything.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply