cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Old Listings Question?

I am one of those sellers who rotates OOAK listings. I have around 350 items, and normally have from 100-200 listings up at any given time. I also recently downgraded to a basic store, because the prime benefit for me, was the packing supplies coupon (which I supplemented) Once that seller went to managed payments, and wouldn't accept PayPal, I chose to get my supplies elsewhere. 

Maybe I missed something, but it used to be that items in my unsold list, if not relisted, had their photos disappear at anywhere from 90 to 120 days. When I saw that happen, I'd either retake the photos and relist, or dispose of the item another way.

Today, I noticed that ALL un-relisted items that ended prior to January 6th, simply disappeared. I have no clue which items they were, because the photos didn't disappear first, my "usual" warning system. Can I now assume that unrelisted items will simply vanish on day 90? Between the GTC debacle and this, what used to be fun, is now becoming a headache. I'm a pretty avid reader of these boards, and find good advice here. Any good ideas for me for saving my old listings in order to rotate them in and out? Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Disappearing Old Listings Question?

ebay only keeps unsold listings for 60 days (90 days on Seller Hub and Selling Manager Pro)
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can often bring an unsold listing up by clicking on the link to them from your email inbox where eBay notified you that the item was unsold and relisting was easy as 1-2-3.   I've retrieved a few that were over a year old, although that old, the pictures are usually gone but everything else is still there which saves time.

Are you taking all your pics using your phone?  I don't know how it's done but those CAN be saved to your computer if you have one.  Personally, I just load and save all my pics on my hard drive, now that storage isn't all that big a challenge, it's easy to archive them and retrieve them if needed later.  But I use a digital camera - I'm inept with my i-phone.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi!

Yes, I am taking the pix on my phone, but tend to delete them from the phone once they're listed. I do the initial listing work (titles, photos, descriptions) on the mobile app, and then complete them on my PC. I do keep all the old ebay emails on my computer though, so that's a great suggestion for possibly finding them  thank you! Perhaps I can create "Sell Similar" from them, and start them anew. Worth a try!

I'm using seller hub, so noted that they're only kept for 90 days. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply