cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you get the "10 item certain categories no FVF" promo? Not working?

I relisted using sell similar and changed up an item in the Glass &Pottery category, and the listing was taken out of my Free 50, rather than my bonus 10. I listed it as a 7 day auction. I've reread the description of the promo, and am not seeing where I went wrong. Any suggestions?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Did you get the "10 item certain categories no FVF" promo? Not working?

Most (if not all) of these % off FVF promo things don't give free listing insertions.

Wish they'd stop with this stuff and just go back to free insertion promos.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 81
latest reply

I wondered about that -- perhaps if my item sells, then the ticker starts to rachet upwards in the promo counter, so I "paid" to list, but am eligible for the promo.

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 3 of 81
latest reply

First of all this is a final value fee promo - nothing to do with listing fees.    Any listings made during the promo period will count against your 50 free listings

Secondly,  the promo is only good for items listed AND SOLD during the promo period 10/4-10/12.    The used number will only reflect items sold and will remain at 0 used until an eligible item sells.   In fact, I think you can list any number of items during the promo period that will be eligible for the free FVF but only the first 10 that sell by Oct 12  will count.    This is not clearly spelled out in the promo - I am only going by how similar promos worked in the past. 

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

When your item sells, you won't be charged the final value fee.  Insertion fees not included in this promo.  But here's an interesting twist.  I had the same promo a couple days ago, hadn't activated it, and now it's gone!  I was thinking I had til the Oct 12 to activate... hmm

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
The terms and conditions specifically states it DOESN'T include listings fees. The items must be listed WITHIN the promotion term, they do NOT have to sell during the term. The free FVF would only apply to the FIRST 10 items you listed DURING the promotion that sold. Ive participated in these type of FVF promotions before, never had a problem with their validity.
Message 6 of 81
latest reply

I got it yesterday and didn't activate it and it's gone now.

(*Bleep*)
Message 7 of 81
latest reply

I've had promos I 'saved for later' only to find they vanished. Nice way to run a business.

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

Well, I take what I said about not having problems with these promos back!! I DID activate the promo and listed some items and the promo no longer shows in my promotional offers!!

What gives ebay?? What kind of bait and switch is this!!

First they state they'll automatically waive store fees to those in affected Hurricane areas and fail to do so! (I've had nothing but problems with that on my store ID). Now they send out this promotional offer and pull it!! 

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide

@Anonymous

Can someone please  tell us what happened with this promo? I phoned CS and they had no explanation. I'd like to know if ebay is honoring it or not. It makes a difference in my pricing, as I can sell items for less.

Here's a portion of the screen shot. I activated mine, and its gone!

FVF_promo.JPG

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

@auctionpet wrote:

@Anonymous

Can someone please  tell us what happened with this promo? I phoned CS and they had no explanation. I'd like to know if ebay is honoring it or not. It makes a difference in my pricing, as I can sell items for less.

Here's a portion of the screen shot. I activated mine, and its gone!

FVF_promo.JPG

Hi @auctionpet - happy to check on this promotion! I'm not able to find information on the precise promotion itself based on the screenshot, I'll reach out directly for more information to see what I can track down. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 81
latest reply

Hmm, you're right. One of my IDs got this one and I activated it and now all trace of it has vanished.

Message 12 of 81
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Thank you for looking into this.
Here's the browser link to t&s page of promo.
http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2017/1004/nycc.html
Message 13 of 81
latest reply

I received it.  My sister received it.  It disappeared for both of us before we could activate it.

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Hello Tyler,

Add me to the list of sellers opting for the promotion on Wednesday

only to find it MIA today.

Promo Ref code was 5705, surely someone keeps careful track of these things.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply