cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive Hurricane Irma credit

eBay said that those of us in Florida were going to get this due to Hurricane Irma.
I wrote to the address provided in the announcement to be sure I was in the affected area and they assured me I was and that my fees would be waived/credited.

Here's what the announcement stated:
"Store subscription fees will be waived for a three month period"
I just got my 1st invoice since then and got charged for my store fees.
No waiver or credit was applied
Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Call ebay and remind them
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

didn't get mine either. and they won't respond to emails about it also. go figure.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

About 2 weeks ago EBAY removed all my late shipping due to the Hurricane issues we had here in south Florida.  I was told I would get all the other stuff they promissed but they are working out all the details and such.  I would expect something in the next few weeks.  

Elektra101

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

they told me that it would be on Octobers invoice, it is not, and they haven't responded on the ebay for business facebook group, they skipped around that question to be exact, nor have they responded to 4 emails in 3 days.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I was charged as well, despite being told by eBay that I would be recieving the promsed credit.  Have emailed, no response. @Anonymous any input? 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kat-atomic wrote:

eBay said that those of us in Florida were going to get this due to Hurricane Irma.
I wrote to the address provided in the announcement to be sure I was in the affected area and they assured me I was and that my fees would be waived/credited.

Here's what the announcement stated:
"Store subscription fees will be waived for a three month period"
I just got my 1st invoice since then and got charged for my store fees.
No waiver or credit was applied

Hi @kat-atomic, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t receive a store credit. We have processed the majority of credits for sellers, but we are aware of sellers who were missed and are working to have them included before the next invoicing cycle.

If you emailed us via hurricanerelief@ebay.com, you do not need to email us again, we have included you with the sellers identified as having been missed, unless you are not in the affected areas.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous 

I was just sent the following email by eBay:

Hello ___,

Thank you for promote response.

I’m very sorry for the confusion and the lack of information presented. I assure you were still working on this issue diligently and want to make sure that it’s done right.

With that said, I’ve waived the store fee and the insertion fees on your account. The coupon itself should be issued by the end of the month. If for some reason you do not have the problem resolved automatically, please feel free to reach back out to us.

Thank you again for contacting eBay’s Executive Office.

This was 2 days ago, and nothing has shown up on my account. I replied - yet again - to the hurricane relief email address, letting them know that what they promised to do was, in fact, not done. I'm at my wits end with this. How will this be resolved?  

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I went through Harvey and had the same issues. The only thing that helped was to call eBay. It was very frustrating (I think I've called four times so far), but I finally saw my store fee credit come through on this month's invoice and I got my $30 coupon for shipping supplies. My big issue I got dinged on was my tracking uploaded and validated on time statistic. All fourteen of my defects in this area are from not being able to ship for a week due to the post office closures. They told me there was no way for them to remove those defects...eBay has done a HORRIBLE job following through with those announcements...
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@designerconsignertampa wrote:

@Anonymous 

I was just sent the following email by eBay:

Hello ___,

Thank you for promote response.

I’m very sorry for the confusion and the lack of information presented. I assure you were still working on this issue diligently and want to make sure that it’s done right.

With that said, I’ve waived the store fee and the insertion fees on your account. The coupon itself should be issued by the end of the month. If for some reason you do not have the problem resolved automatically, please feel free to reach back out to us.

Thank you again for contacting eBay’s Executive Office.

This was 2 days ago, and nothing has shown up on my account. I replied - yet again - to the hurricane relief email address, letting them know that what they promised to do was, in fact, not done. I'm at my wits end with this. How will this be resolved?  

Hi @designerconsignertampa, you can see the credits that were issued by going to My eBay > Summary and reviewing the "Credits" line under the Account Summary section. I checked and it does look like Customer Service did apply these when you spoke. As for the coupon, you should receive this by the end of the month as the email indicates. Touch base with us on the 1st if you have not yet received it and we can help get this resolved!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I have called for the last 3 months and was on hold for 30 minutes minimum and told the same thing each time. Has not started yet. Supposed to start this month. I will call again in nov. if I do not see the credit. I have already paid $980 and $541 and this month about the same. Needed the help two months ago. Sales are down 34%

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

They have not removed my late shipping.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous I too am in the affected area during Irma.  I have not received my automtic store fee credit nor the $30 shipping supply coupon.  Please add my store to the list of those missed.  It would help my little store as sales have been impacted significantly.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous Thank you for the response. Between 10/16 and 10/31, the only credits applied to my account have been one mysterious $2.29 invoice credit, 8 final value fees from auctions that the winning bidder never paid for / made me cancel because they did not read the description prior to purchase, and several 10 cent insertion fee credits. I see nothing to the effect of the $74.99 monthly store fee that you insist was applied, retroactively after I already paid eBay this fee. There is no trace of this credit on the itemized invoice either. I would be more than happy to send you a screenshot of what I am seeing on my end, or perhaps you could send me a screenshot of what you are seeing that displays this credit? 

Thank you.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous Actually, I will circle back to this and gladly admit that I was wrong. I had to manually request a list of credits from a larger period of time, but when I did so, the credit did show up (apparently it was issued prior to the 16th). Apologies, and thank you for helping resolve this. Hopefully everyone else looking for their account updates will look in the right place and stumble across it. 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply