cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denying cancellation

So I denied a cancellation request. I quickly found out denying that might be a request.  The buyer hasn’t paid or answered my messages so I relisted it and sold that item. eBay won’t let me cancel that order now. 

I guess my question is what if the buyer eventually decides to purchase that item? Just send them a refund?

This system seems flawed. Seems like nothing is stopping people from just sending in cancellation requests if they don’t want an item. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Denying cancellation

I feel like I have full control now. Haha

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

I cancelled an order within one minute of purchasing. It was an Office Depot item. They said that they can't cancel because it has already shipped. I have tried every way to resolve. The system of Ebay seems to be ridiculous.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Cancel and block!

Cancel and block!

Cancel and block!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@brfra-2505 wrote:

I cancelled an order within one minute of purchasing. It was an Office Depot item. They said that they can't cancel because it has already shipped. I have tried every way to resolve. The system of Ebay seems to be ridiculous.  

You didn't cancel nor file a cancellation for the order, you sent a cancellation request via either messaging the seller or a formal request thru the ebay cancellation request system.

It's solely up to the seller if they want to accept your request or not. They don't have to give you a valid reason why they don't accept your request. It's likely Office Depot's operations are so large that they have totally different departments fulfilling their orders that it's not worth their time to train workers to pull shipment orders out because a buyer changes their mind, especially if it wasn't done thru a formal request. Was yours?

Despite all that, from what we know from this thread, if you didn't pay for the item yet and a seller declines a formal cancellation request there isn't a darn thing the seller can do now to try and get their payment from the buyer.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply