cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Label Field Has Disappeared From "Create Your Listing"

I have searched all day trying to find anyone else with a similar experience, but can find nothing.  When I sat down to do listings today, I noticed that the "custom label" field was completely absent.  Any idea what on earch happened to it?  I haven't changed anything, and it was there/fine yesterday.  My entire inventory system is dependent on this field, so not sure what to do (besides make the dreaded phone call, wait for an hour, then "talk" to someone who doesn't understand what I'm saying).  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Custom Label Field Has Disappeared From "Create Your Listing"

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may seem obvious, but:

1. Make sure you're in the advanced form, not the quick form.

2. On the top right of the advanced form click "customize" and make sure that Custom Label is checked, then save.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I wasn't aware that there are two different listing forms.  I use the only one given as an option when I choose a template.  I see the "customize" button on the top right (which in all my years I have never noticed before), but it does not give "custom label" as an option.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Try to get to the advanced (long) form if that isn't the one you use and check for the custom field there. It is noticeably different from the quick list form. Are you on seller hub? 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to be able to switch back and forth between the Advanced and the Quick tool, but I no longer see that option on the Advanced form. Anybody else??

@dixierenegade, I don't know which version of the form you're using, but the custom label field is available on the Advanced form. Do you see a link on the top right of the page to switch from Quick to Advanced or vice versa? The Quick form is very limited. It doesn't allow you to adjust the listing duration and you'll see the fee total on the right hand side instead of the bottom of the page - that should help you determine which form you're using.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

It is no longer on my "create your listing" page either, and I've never been offered any form but the advanced. I also can't see this field on my "sold" listings anymore after ebay made the recent changes. I really need this custom label, I use it for inventory locations, and I need it viewable in the "sold" listings page. I don't understand why it's gone, it's the only line we as sellers had to put info that doesn't appear in the listing - my inventory locations are of interest to NO ONE but me. I've started putting a tag at the end of my item titles after a few spaces because I have to have locations, but it's only a matter of time before buyers start asking questions about why "-4" or "-6" is in the title, and I'd rather not confuse potential buyers. Help me, ebay!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Have you tried "customizing" one of the sold/ awaiting shipment, etc. pages and adding the label to see what happens? 

ARe you use phone to list? 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@shawnalb2000 wrote:

It is no longer on my "create your listing" page either, and I've never been offered any form but the advanced. I also can't see this field on my "sold" listings anymore after ebay made the recent changes. I really need this custom label, I use it for inventory locations, and I need it viewable in the "sold" listings page. I don't understand why it's gone, it's the only line we as sellers had to put info that doesn't appear in the listing - my inventory locations are of interest to NO ONE but me. I've started putting a tag at the end of my item titles after a few spaces because I have to have locations, but it's only a matter of time before buyers start asking questions about why "-4" or "-6" is in the title, and I'd rather not confuse potential buyers. Help me, ebay!

From your sold page if you clcik on the customize tab (top right area)  you can click on custom label and save the changes it should show up on your sold page.

Good Luck Selling! 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

That was in the "manage all orders" page, which no longer works. I don't know if it's this way for everyone, but I can now only access my sold items through the "my ebay" tab, and nothing there is customizable save the header color. Also, the "custom label" field is gone when creating a new listing. So now, for items I'd previously listed, when one sells, I have to go to "manage active listings", find the item, and view the location, in order to locate the item and be able to ship it. For new listings, there just isn't any field for a seller to make any kind of notes to themselves. It's maddening, I used this ALL THE TIME, and now it's just gone.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I use a desktop pc to list. I've tried everything, but custom label just isn't there anymore, and with the "manage all orders" page gone, I'm stuck viewing orders under "my ebay sold", and it isn't customizable at all. I can change the header color! Whoopie. There is no longer a "custom label" field when I create a new listing, it's just gone.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I can click customize in listings to add custom label field, 

I can customize active listings page in seller hub to see custom label field

BUT I can not customize orders page or see custom labels in sold items / orders which is where I need the information

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I still have the customize function and the custom label on the awaiting shipment page (and the paid/shipped page).  You might try a different browser

image.png

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ditto! I am having the same problem.. and I also used the custom label for my inventory! Watch out because some of the listing will move your inventory number into the Subtitle and charge you 1.50 to list.. I’m not a happy eBayer..
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I had the same problem I went to seller hub if you don't know how to get there use this link https://www.ebay.com/sellerhub     then click on orders from the taps on the top the all orders from the left side on the page then far on the top right side you will see customize click on it then mark custom label and that is it....

please notice you will have to be on SELLER HUB nothing else for example if you are on seller dashboard it won't work inside listing it won't work until you fix it in seller hub first.

OKBA

Message 14 of 14
latest reply