cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created an auction for US only - buyer was from Puerto Rico

So,  I created an auction for a Valentine One radar detector.  The auction was for USA only.    The buyer has a Puerto Rico address, but includes USA and a Zip Code at the end of the address (bogus)..   (Paypal address).      He paid, but with the smaller shipping costs.   I've messaged him twice and no response.   Reported to Ebay 24 hours ago, and of course, no response.   

Should I just cancel the auction sale?   Thanks...

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

You need a course in US history and Geography.  Puerto Rico is part of the US.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 45
latest reply

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States of America. However, it is not a state, and therefore people there do not have all the rights of regular Americans, like voting for the president.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 3 of 45
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States of America. However, it is not a state, and therefore people there do not have all the rights of regular Americans, like voting for the president.

I think he means he listed it for regular Americans only

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 45
latest reply

I think he means he listed it for regular Americans only

Puerto Rico residents have access to prune juice don't they?

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

@texasguy85  In your Site Prefererences - Shipping Prefferences - Excluded locations you ship to do you have Central American and Carribean box checked or unchecked?  That is where Puerto Rico is listed.  Next, take the address to the Post Office and ask if the Address is legit ... if not then Cancel due to problem with the address.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 45
latest reply

PR is a US territory-- you can ship to it the same way you can to any other US state. 

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

Puerto Rico has US Post offices, they use the US dollar.

They even have cars !!!!

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

@texasguy85 wrote:
 ... The buyer has a Puerto Rico address, but includes USA and a Zip Code at the end of the address (bogus)..  .....

Not bogus at all.  PR addresses have ordinary USPS ZIP Codes and are considered to be domestic shipping (Zone 8 postage).

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

Your buyer paid the correct amount and provided a correct domestic U.S. address. Puerto Rico is known as the 51st state.  Domestic postage, U.S. zip code, no problem.  No different than mailing to New York or California or Maine or Illinois.  An address may contain a "jurisdiction" -- similar to a township or county -- in addition to the city and zip code.   ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 10 of 45
latest reply

@mr_lincoln @texasguy85

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@texasguy85  In your Site Prefererences - Shipping Prefferences - Excluded locations you ship to do you have Central American and Carribean box checked or unchecked?  That is where Puerto Rico is listed.  Next, take the address to the Post Office and ask if the Address is legit ... if not then Cancel due to problem with the address.

That is in the international settings and will do no good.

PR is in the domestic settings under protectorates as well as a box for AK, HI and APO.

And no it is not just like shipping to the lower 48, depending on the package and the shipper.

I sent an oversized package to Pearl Harbor  USA.

It took a month to get there, it did in fact go by boat.

And yes, check the address on the USPS site, or at the PO.

They have some funny street names,  been there done that.

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

Isn't one of your oversized packages the size of the boat?
Message 12 of 45
latest reply

As many have said, you are mistaken in thinking the buyer's zip is bogus just because he's in PR.

Unless there is a *legitimate* problem with the address, why would you cancel just because you didn't realize Puerto Rico is considered part of the US?
Message 13 of 45
latest reply

@flyinhawaiiangirl

lol   it was a rigid brake line for a cessna 150  about 4 ft. long and light as a feather.

I had to get a giant lamp box from the box store,  it was big enough that my wife could have fit.

I cut it down so it was about 2 inches tall, but it was still oversized.

The tracking showed it got to California in just a couple of days, and there it stayed.

I messaged the buyer, and he said no problem, some mail is slow.

My PO guy told me it was going by boat, and the boat don't sail, until it gets full.

I had charged 25 bucks for postage, it ended up costing 50 bucks, and then the 15 buck box.

But it's all good.

PS... do you fly...

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Puerto Rico as others have pointed out is in the USA which is a good thing in this case because the shipping is no different than if you were sending it to somewhere in the USA. Check to see if it fits in a flat rate Priority Mail box. You might pay maybe about ten dollars extra if it goes by a large box, but I can assure you it is not going to cost you anymore than if you shipped it to California. 

Message 15 of 45
latest reply