cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid brought increase in scammers

I have had three people in three days request refunds or leave bad feedback because they weren’t happy with an item. Two items were NEW & SEALED. the buyer stated the item was missing pieces. There’s simply no way. He simply demanded send me a new item or refund. I told him I would ship the four missing pieces from an identical item I have and he left me neutral. I reiterate. There’s simply no way the item was missing anything. Anyone else having issues?  I requested the feedback removed. Ebay said no. I did have a negative removed last week due to a buyer referring to shipping speed. This just feels unjust. How do people live with themselves lying about $13. I mean. Really!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

"Dear Buyer,

I'm sorry you're not happy with your item. Please return it for a full refund.

Yours,

Seller"

Lather, rinse, repeat. They'll either return it, or they won't.  No partial refunds, no replacements. Return for refund. Period.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@rarefinds_tx wrote:

Two items were NEW & SEALED. the buyer stated the item was missing pieces. There’s simply no way.

I've bought new puzzles that had pieces missing so it is possible.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You can not prove item was not missing pieces since you did not open and inspect.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

fair enough. However I offered to ship the missing pieces if they sent me a photo to show which ones were missing. Instead of taking me up on the offer they left neutral. I mean. I think it’s clear it’s a scam. Stating missing four pieces.....replace it or refund. I offered the pieces. All this aside. I honestly don’t feel someone should be ugly if I’m fact the item was new and sealed. Clearly it is no fault of the seller. The puzzle was completely sealed by the manufacturer.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

There are a lot more people, staying at home, with time on their hands to catch up on their reading and picking the internet for methods of 'stretching their dollar' as favorite reading material.  Not giving a replacement or parts or partial refund, if there is any doubt as to legitimacy of the claim, seems to be a good way to discourage such behavior.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Yup! Got 5 identical covid scams just like yours! And ebays keeping its help line closed.  so the scam buyers are out in force! Useing the exact same tactics you described! They refuse to tell you whats wrong with the item or just say something that was clearly in the description. Often they have about 12 or 16 other negs in a row for other sellers! They are cleaning house right now! Personally if a list of all the covid bad actors is ever made im entering their info.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Return for refund or nothing. Don't cave in. If they balk, come back here. And report them to eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

There are various "bad buyer" websites. Trouble is, you usually don't know or don't have reason to check until their purchase has already been made. Unless you go through the whole list and add people to your blocked list
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

So,  what was the scam?

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I've had more returns during the past three months than the past three years -  one fished for a partial refund before returning the item.  However,  I attribute it to more people at home purchasing online more than scammers.   Some folks even order similar items with the intention of returning one or two. 

As a buyer I have recently had more items poorly packaged than usual - the contents of a couple of boxes were damaged although the outer box was not.   

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It’s quite unbelievable. I’ve used eBay for over 20 years and have never seen anything this bad. If anything in the past I’ve had people rave about my items. I guess it’s par for the course but it is infuriating!  If in fact the item was missing a piece why not simply send the picture so I can correct the issue. When they don’t even bother doing that it makes them seem suspicious.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply