cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Item Policy

I have been with E-Bay over 5 years. E-Bay removed my 276 listings because of " Your listing indicates that it does not come in the original container". I package my items; I label my items and I ship my items there is no other person in my business. Here is a sample of my item Title.

253336589937- Comparable w/Clean Cotton (U) Type* Perfume Body Oil 10ml Spray, 1/3oz, 1oz

The asterisk indicates the Disclaimer in the additional Item Specifications area.

Thanks for your comments

Tom

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Counterfeit Item Policy

@tomtabco_4u 

You can't use Clean Cotton, if it isn't a Clean Cotton item.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

" Your listing indicates that it does not come in the original container"

Are you repackaging fragrance items? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

It would appear that the op thinks buying a fragrance and repackaging it is okey dokey. Guess not

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Well, on further reading of the op. 

Seriously???

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Don't fragences/parfums have to be new/factory sealed?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Is this the problem I asked for your help or are you making your own problem?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Message 2 to 6 Thank You for your Waste of Time responses

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

It is hard to advise without seeing the removed listings.

(FYI: There are rules for selling fragrance products on eBay. It was once possible to sell opened or used fragrance, but no longer, for hygienic reasons, see link below. )

But in this case, a seller cannot list a brand name unless it is the actual brand. It looks like you are selling knock-off perfume items, and as such, it doesn't matter what packaging it comes in. Knock-offs aren't allowed on eBay.

Some disclaimers are not allowed either. What did your disclaimer state? 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/counterfeit-item-policy?id=4276

Items sold using a brand name or a brand logo must be original and made by the brand or manufactured on their behalf…”

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/cosmetics-policy?id=4290

Cosmetics, colognes, perfumes, and lotions must come in the original container.”

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Repackaging? You mean reselling?

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

It might be because you are referencing another brand item in the title.  Often that runs listings into potential troubles.  

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

if you are going to sell items with that wounded warrior logo THE CHARITY THAT OWNS THAT LOGO SHOULD RECEIVE THE MONEY.. Have you sent wounded warrior their check?? Items that are Cheap chinese knock-off featuring a logo OWNED BY A CHARITY benefiting WOUNDED US VETS..What did you expect??

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

@tomtabco_4u  You have answers on your question here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Counterfeit-Item-Policy/td-p/32908828

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

As a retailer I buy a lot of items in bulk i.e., Fragrance Oil by the Gallon from wholesale Distributer/Manufacturer the next step is to package it in a size a customer would like.

I selected 3 sizes 10ml Spray, 1/3oz and 1oz. I have a Disclaimer on each listing which I got from the Distributor/Manufacture indicating the product was made from lab mixing of fragrances until they reach the fragrance there looking for It also indicates that we are not infringing on their trademark even though I don't see any trademark indications on their item.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Counterfeit Item Policy

Sorry you're in the wrong ballpark I am not using a Logo at all

Message 15 of 21
latest reply