cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated Ground Advantage Question

elizabeth@ebay 

Hello,

Just a quick couple of  questions on the new ground advantage shipping service rates. I have read and received the email announcement from ebay about the new shipping service. 

Q) Are we going to continue to get discounted rates from shipping thru ebay shipping and charged the commercial rate pricing?

Q) On listings that currently offer first class shipping. Are we able to just leave them as first class shipping and they will be automatically updated or must we manually change the shipping method on all active listings to USPS ground advantage?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@coinslabz26 

On other threads it has been posted/noted that listings that have 1st Class as the shipping method will need to be updated by the seller. It says 30 days is being allowed to accomplish that.

Also have a look at "announcements" for the official word.

USPS introduces the new ground shipping service: USPS Ground Advantage™ (ebay.com)

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 

The confusion is that is says both.

"Here’s what to expect on eBay beginning July 9th
Printing labels on eBay

• We’ll update labels automatically. If you had a sale with First-Class Package or Parcel Select Ground, the label will print and display as USPS Ground Advantage™"

It also says:

"If you ship with First Class Package, you will be able to update listings to USPS Ground Advantage over the next 30 days. Business policies will also need to be updated. "

So they can't both be correct?

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

So we are as confused as you since it is stating in one place that it will automatically transition and then in another that we have 30 days to make the change on our listings.  This will not be feasible as a seller to go in one by one and change all the listings that are now shipping USPS first class.  

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay 

What happens to listings which specify first class package, if they are not changed during the 30 days following July 9?

Will they renew automatically, or not?
If not, where would I find them?

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

@buyselljack2016 

The confusion is that is says both.

"Here’s what to expect on eBay beginning July 9th
Printing labels on eBay

• We’ll update labels automatically. If you had a sale with First-Class Package or Parcel Select Ground, the label will print and display as USPS Ground Advantage™"

It also says:

"If you ship with First Class Package, you will be able to update listings to USPS Ground Advantage over the next 30 days. Business policies will also need to be updated. "

So they can't both be correct?

Labels will update automatically; listings won't.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Gotta love the way the verbiage in the announcement changed from 'you will have to update" to you will be ABLE to update" (FCP to GA)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

If you are doing 'calculated'; then I understand some confusion.

If you are doing 'Free Shipping' or 'Flat Rate Shipping' then none of this matters as ALL types of shipping STILL show when printing a shipping label. 

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

Q) Are we going to continue to get discounted rates from shipping thru ebay shipping and charged the commercial rate pricing?

There will not be any change to the pricing of First Class Package when it becomes Ground Advantage. Parcel Select on the other hand will see a small DECREASE in price.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

I for one will not be updating 2650 listings manually. that is a complete joke. 

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

OK. You are allowed to do whatever you want.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Why would you update 2000+ listings manually?  You can bulk edit 2,000 listings at a time - you can create a new shipping business policy and bulk update it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Hi,  I am still trying to figure stuff out.  So my question is, can't you just update or create a new policy and the listings will change?  That is what I was planning to do.  I only have about 250, that will take me days.  I can't imagine having to do 2000.. oh my

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

@pennysdream 

If you are using business policies then yes, create a new one on July 9th and apply it to your listings using bulk edit.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

@pennysdream  & @slippinjimmy , better yet, just edit your existing business policy and it will apply automatically.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply