cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated Ground Advantage Question

elizabeth@ebay 

Hello,

Just a quick couple of  questions on the new ground advantage shipping service rates. I have read and received the email announcement from ebay about the new shipping service. 

Q) Are we going to continue to get discounted rates from shipping thru ebay shipping and charged the commercial rate pricing?

Q) On listings that currently offer first class shipping. Are we able to just leave them as first class shipping and they will be automatically updated or must we manually change the shipping method on all active listings to USPS ground advantage?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Consolidated Ground Advantage Question

With me, nearly 90% of my listings ship 1st Class, but not "calculated".

If "calculated" then just a fast click, click, click, and good to go with "policies", or even "bulk".

My 1st Class items are done with a few different "flat rate" amounts based upon their weight. That will involve more work for me to get mine updated on the 9th.

As eBay has graciously opted me into "business policies" (without my knowledge) using that may help me. I will have to go through a few times to get them all done, but at least not one at a time. I also do not have a huge # of listings, but still would be time consuming one by one. I can only imagine the frustration this is causing for sellers with hundreds (I have hundreds, but not that many hundreds), and thousands.

I have already gone into the about 12% or so listings that are not 1st Class but offer shipping choices to update the text in the description to eliminate the word "Select" and enter the word "Ground".

Once updated I will "opt out" of business policies, as it is way too possible for my feeble old mind to end up changing a "policy" on listings that I do not want to because of the "this will change all with that policy". The warning is there on the page, but it should be "bigger,  bolder, and more colorful" to preclude that mistake.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Try the bulk editor.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I believe that the discounts will continue.  The post office could not handle every ebay seller going to the post office if there are no discounts.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

I tried doing a bulk edit this morning and USPS Ground Advantage isn't even listed as a shipping option to choose. 🙄

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

It's not a shipping option yet; it starts on July 9.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for the update. I thought July 9 was the deadline for completing the changes. Didn't realize it was the date we could start making changes.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

I shipped a package yesterday (7/10), and although my listing was for First Class the label printed with the big "G" and was the same price. Now I will see if it will still get delivered in the same 3 days time.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

All my listings still say "First Class Package".  I printed and shipped something on 7/10.  The label was switched to "Ground Advantage" automatically. 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I only have about 200 offerings on eBay. Not even near to what you have. But I was able to change over under "Business Policies".  If yours is set up try it.  My 200 took only 10 min. & it was very easy.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I am in the process of updating to USPS GA. I have noticed a few of my listing have been updated automatically. Not sure what causes the automatic update on some and not the others.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

When printing eBay labels they will print as G/A - Your listings will not change unless you change them. (I Think.)

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Ground Advantage actually raised my price from $7.60 to $9.88 leaving me a wopping 12 cents to cover my packaging costs. I chose Standard and it went back down. We will see if it gets adjusted

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

It appears our Parcel Select Business Policies changed automatically, but our First Class ones remained the same.  I updated them all this morning, took me ~15 minutes because we have a number of policies, but everything should be good now.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I just updated 8600 listings in under 5 minutes.   Business policies is/are your friend.....

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

i tried to update scheduled listing and could not change them and tried to  make a new listing and could not. why is ebay saying yoy can but you cant. tried to change business policy and shipping but no new  policy maybe ebay needs to change them for me or lower my fees by 90% . 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply