cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Shipping on Multiple buys

Ive been selling for many years, but I am unable to figure this out. 

Is there a format or option I need to choose to allow my buyers to combine shipping

when they make multiple buys. If I choose the Immediate pay option is there no way
to combine shipping for them? Currently I just refund the extra shipping when combining
, but I have purchased from a few sellers over the years that already have a table
for combine shipping. Id like to be able to offer this. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Combining Shipping on Multiple buys

I assume that you are referring to a buyer making purchases from multiple listings?  You can set up your listings so that when a buyer uses a cart, the combined shipping will be shown automatically.  To do that, you have to set up combined shipping rules and then check off on the listing page that you want to use xx rule with that listing. You can set the rules up on the shipping preferences page and it will work whether or not you have IPR.

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@fbscomics 

>Is there a format or option I need to choose to allow my buyers to combine shipping

when they make multiple buys

First go here,

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

and click the box on the items you want to ship together. Then click on the "Shipping" drop-down and select "Purchase shipping label". That should take you here,

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk

Click the boxes on the items you want to ship together and click on the "Combine" box. Next select the shipping service and fill in the other info (weights, etc.) and when you are finished click on the "Purchase label" box and you should be taken to the Print Label page. HTH.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If you have your items on "Sale" via markdown manager. It is impossible for buyer to "Request Total" on multiple purchases.

EBAY REFUSES TO FIX THIS!!! 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I learned early on (actually a nice buyer told me) you can't issue an invoice with combined shipping if you have immediate payment required box checked so I issued partial refunds for shipping overcharges and just learned on these boards last night that you still pay FVF on the refunded amount still.  Now I try not to do that. If this is wrong maybe someone will let me know?  I also learned very few use the shopping cart and request an invoice so I just combine the shipping when I buy my label and keep the difference. If they can't be bothered to request the invoice then I'm not going to be bothered issuing refunds. No one has ever complained either. The downside is potential sales lost due to high shipping and I'm here to move items, not try to profit off shipping. 

My learning how to properly apply weights in listings so shipping didn't skyrocket with multiple quantities is a whole other discussion!  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Okay so this is the problem I have. I was thinking if I took off immediate payment that might fix the problem.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Okay so the immediate payment option is my only solution.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I can normally figure out how to do it but last night i had one that stumped me. 

I finally figured it out. A user bought 1 item and checked out as a guest. Minutes later thats same user bought a similar item and checked out as a guest again. Same name.  Same address. Different username.  For that reason it would not let me combine orders. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I can normally figure out how to do it but last night i had one that stumped me. 

I finally figured it out. A user bought 1 item and checked out as a guest. Minutes later thats same user bought a similar item and checked out as a guest again. Same name.  Same address. Different username.  For that reason it would not let me combine orders. 

Correct - they have to be purchased at the same time - otherwise, no way to combine currently.  Which is a true headache as we enter the Holiday Season!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

Correct - they have to be purchased at the same time - otherwise, no way to combine currently.  Which is a true headache as we enter the Holiday Season!

I ended up sending 2 packages to the same buyer. 

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 10 of 10
latest reply