cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined shipping

Buyer has bought 2 items and paid for shipping on these items too, now buyer asked me to combine shipping?

I'm not sure what the logic is here, It would seem like I could put both in a priority mail flat rate, but then what about the second item, how would eBay know it was shipped with the first one? sad if this ends up getting me a negative feedback but all I see I can do is send both packages separate due to eBay's rules.

Is there any way that I can combine the shipping for these 2 items, even after the buyer has paid for both items + shipping?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Combined shipping

Yes, just mark the 2nd item as 'shipped', then upload the same tracking as the 1st item/package (you can manually add a tracking #). If the buyer already paid for separate shipping for both, you can issue a partial refund through Paypal for the difference in shipping cost. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

So, I think I see a solution. Although I did nothing, when the buyer purchased both items eBay created a bundled order for them. Now my order shows both items under one "Print Shipping Label"  so I can adjust the shipping service now to send them both in a priority mail flat rate envelope.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

As stated above you can put the same tracking number in both order IF the buyer id is the same on both orders.  I've had a buyer buy two items with guest ids and was not able to put the tracking number on the second order, so it's best to double check.

There's more risk of a negative if you DON'T combine if you are able to.  Normally buyers are supposed to ask about this prior to purchase so you are not required to combine, but your buyer will be happier if you do.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That could work too, first I'll ask the buyer if they would like the items both sent priority mail flat rate, since eBay make both purchases appear as just one order and gave me the option to print one label for both of them.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@freshgear4less wrote:

So, I think I see a solution. Although I did nothing, when the buyer purchased both items eBay created a bundled order for them. Now my order shows both items under one "Print Shipping Label"  so I can adjust the shipping service now to send them both in a priority mail flat rate envelope.

So, no issues!  You can ignore my advice for now.... hehehe.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks, should be alright now. Appreciate your thoughts too!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, it all depends on how you prefer to do it. I do it the way I mentioned several times a week. If the buyer chose either Parcel OR Priority (of any kind, whether it is flat rate or calculated) it is at your discretion how to ship it, as long as you don't down-grade the shipping. I like to upgrade & partial refund because often buyers become return customers if they know you will pass on the shipping savings to them. I know I look for those kind of sellers myself. Always nice to save $ 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply