cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Store - I need help

I closed my store 1.5 weeks ago but I was charged for the full month and not pro-rated.  Should the bill have been pro-rated?  I called cs but they made no sense and really could not answer the question .. it appears my store may still be open but I pullled the listings wehn I closed the store .. I need some help frrom someone from eBay pleasel please .. can you please confirm f my sotre has been closed and why I was charged the full store fee for the month of Jan?  Ths seems wrong to me and I am gettng nowhere with cs.

Despearte for answer.  Thank you.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Closing Store - I need help

I don't believe eBay prorates store accounts, you owe the month due.  Try calling CS again, if the agent can't answer your question, ask for a manager. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Your store stays open until the listings would normally end, 30 days from listing. Even if the store is empty.

You rented the space for a month.

Your account stays open for a few months to allow any financial questions, including Buyer Claims, to time out.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

When you cancel a Store subscription, the cancellation takes effect on the first day of the following month.  Your store subscription will end on January 31.

Here is the link to the Store terms of service. Cancellations are covered in section 7. I believe that the second bullet section applies to your situation.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

brian@ebay 

tyler@ebay 

Could one of you direct the OP to the right source of help? Thanks.

@klassic*kids 

The eBay staff doesn't usually come on these discussion boards unless you page them. I did that for you here.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Your store stays open until the listings would normally end, 30 days from listing. Even if the store is empty.

You rented the space for a month.

Your account stays open for a few months to allow any financial questions, including Buyer Claims, to time out.

Listings do not end after 30 days.  All fixed price listings are in "Good until canceled" format. They will roll over every month until either they are sold or the seller ends the listing.

When a member closes their account, it is kept open while transactions are settled. But a store subscription cancellation takes effect at the end of the month during which the seller canceled it.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@creativecrisis 

No need to call a blue into the thread. The OP has already been given the correct information by the other posters who responded.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply