cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Are you using the app to view the listing? Did you list via the app/ebay mobile?

Edit: Works fine for me (no click to view description).

Message 2 of 1,018
latest reply

gopetersen
Rockstar

Is this on a desktop or a mobile device?

It's a pretty serious problem if buyers have to do more work to see the description. It's hard enough to get them to read it when it's up front.

Message 3 of 1,018
latest reply

This is on a laptop. Just started this evening.

Message 4 of 1,018
latest reply

Is there anyway for me to post a screen shot?

Message 5 of 1,018
latest reply

Well on the upside, they put the tell us what you think link right next to it = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 1,018
latest reply

Did you arrive at your page from a google link or similar outside link?

We saw something similar last year and it turned out to be the landing page from an external shortcut.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 1,018
latest reply

When you click to view the description it opens a separate window. The window is very small and you have to scroll to read the description. I use HTML and it looks pretty stupid when trying to read the thing.

Any info about shipping, etc will most likely be missed by anyone reading the listing.

Message 8 of 1,018
latest reply

I normally access Ebay via one of my listing confirmation emails.

I just used a google link and it's the same view for me.

I'm beginning to think this is the same layout as the mobile app?

Message 9 of 1,018
latest reply

Kate: as moon asked, are you are coming in from an external link?   When I use google to search and then click on an ebay item, I get results almost like that  (I use Firefox).  I haven't run into them when searching through ebay though - and I hope I never do.

Quick edit - I only get it through the Google Shopping link, not a web search result link

- Suzanne -
Message 10 of 1,018
latest reply

Suzanne - I just clicked your user name, went to the ebay main page, did a search for vintage earrings, clicked on the first listing.

I get the same dumb listing page with no description.

Message 11 of 1,018
latest reply

Yep, I see it too. It just started tonight.  I've been off and on eBay all day doing research and it just started tonight.  Regular laptop, google chrome.

And every listing that I look at, I tell them exactly what I think about it!  

Message 12 of 1,018
latest reply

I'm using firefox

Message 13 of 1,018
latest reply

Whenever eBay displays "Tell us what you think", it is usually a test run or a beta page.

I use firefox and I don't see it.

Since mobile devices must click a tab to view the item description, eBay may be testing the waters on a desktop version that performs like the mobile version.  That would reduce the number of versions they have to support.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 14 of 1,018
latest reply

It's on my listings too!!! Have the rest of you checked yours? I just told them "what I think"... this is a terrible ideal! Now what happens when a buyer does not see this link or click on and then complains! Lord, why do these people have to try to fix things that are not broken?????

……………………………………………………………
Message 15 of 1,018
latest reply