cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your dashboards...just got 4 late shipment defects for 1st Class Packages delivered in 4 days

Got 4 sales on Nov 5th...mailed 1st Class Nov. 6th...all delivered Nov. 10th.

Something's creeping while you're sleeping...

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Check your dashboards...just got 4 late shipment defects for 1st Class Packages delivered in 4 days

What is your handling time and when did they get their first scans?

EDIT: I should add, I shipped one on the 16th and it was delivered on the 20th and I don't have any dings because of it since it had an acceptance scan within my stated handling time.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

My bases were all covered...
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

There is a glitch going on.

Ebay determines an expected delivery date.

But then the USPS doesn't execute on that after you fullfill your part of it and get it to them on time. You have no control.

USPS fails but you get dinged, even though you did EVERYTING you were supposed to do

it needs to get fixed. It isn't.

And that glitch was decribed by a customer service rep at Ebay. They are aware of it.

CALL THEM and get late delivery removed.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ebay has stated in their policy that if you get it to the shipper in your stated handling time, then you have fulfilled your responsibility.

They have all the tracking information that shows you fullfilled your part

But they are not making a distinction between you fulfilling your part, and the shipper fulfilling theirs.,and you have no control over the shipper and are getting punished for their failure.

USPS screws up your shipment, but doesn't change their expected delivery date and Ebay reads it as your failure

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I found a different glitch...unless Monday is not counted as a handling day for Sunday sales.
I gave packages to the mailman on the 6th (he doesn't scan)...they generally don't get scanned until late on the day of mailing. They went into the 7th before 1st scan.
BUT...my dashboard shows NONE had a late scan.
I'm not ready for the bots to take over.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That postal pickup person should be scanning them on pickup

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If you have a one day handling and your package didn't  get scanned until the 7th, then that base didn't get covered.  That would explain why your package was rated at being late due to delivery.  A scan on the 6th would have prevented this.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

If you have a one day handling and your package didn't  get scanned until the 7th, then that base didn't get covered.  That would explain why your package was rated at being late due to delivery.  A scan on the 6th would have prevented this.

The op said that one doesn’t show a late defect.  When the op thinks that’s the one that should show late but as long as it shows delivered on time being scanned late doesn’t matter though. 

It can show a late acceptance scan and still be delivered on time and not count against you.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I didn't read that the same way, but after going back and reading all the posts again, now I don't even see where the shipping metric was dinged.  So I'm not sure what point is being made.

Unless something was revised after I read it, I must have just read something into the initial post that wasn't there.  Yes it is definitely true that a missed scan can still get delivered on time and not count as a problem.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Point was...I got dinged for late delivery, not a late scan.
As you say, there should have been NO dings for EITHER due to on time delivery, and despite the late scan.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@nawlinsron2 wrote:
Point was...I got dinged for late delivery, not a late scan.
As you say, there should have been NO dings for EITHER due to on time delivery, and despite the late scan.

I apologize if I'm missing your point, but it seems redundant to show a late scan since you got dinged for late delivery.    Just the fact that you received a late delivery ding proves your scan was also late or the late delivery wouldn't have counted. 

As of Sept. 16 of last year ebay requires 1st class to be delivery within 3 days to be considered on time.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Well we know eBay is delusional about a lot of things.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 13
latest reply