cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your Ebay messages - 500 free, fixed or auction

Starts at 00.00 22 October, so in around twelve hours from the time of this post.

Ends 23.59 26 Oct    https://pages.ebay.com/promo/lcp/AuctionorFixed.html

c34863bcafcc3ba8856ac8e4e7843162

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Check your Ebay messages - 500 free, fixed or auction

None of my accounts received this either 😞

Left out again with the rest of you. Another eBay 'deal' that creates a lot of 'why aren't I as special as that seller' to the sellers who are not the chosen ones for these promotions.

Level playing field on eBay? Nope.
Is eBay fair? Nope.
Do they care that zillions of sellers get left out of these promos and get to come here and read all the sellers who did get the promo. Nope.

Does this create ill feelings in sellers towards eBay. Yep.

Oh well, Kudos to you that received the freebies, I am off to list on a different site since they don't care a wit about little piddly sellers like me, and BTW, this is my posting ID.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

I have a Premium store, and I have only had one FREE listings promotion in 2+ years!

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

And NO I didn't get this one either! too bad cause I could list 20,000 new items if I wanted to!

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Aug offered "up to" 500

Sept offered "up to" 200

Now the "up to" 500 offer

Would have been able to list up to 10 each time

I do not sell on this account.

Did not get the offer on my selling accounts, but that does not matter. Sales rates have not been high enough to use the "50 free" ones. I'm not that big of a seller, and have several listings that I have multiples of that I list on a recurring basis.

Have not asked the wife if she got the promo. Sometimes she can use the extras.

Good to see that some that need the promos are getting them.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

At this point in time there is very little selling so I am not going to use them. This make no sense to me what I do have listed is not selling, why would I want to add more?

In the past few months I have added over $42000.00 in new inventory and sales are crashing!

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

I didn't get the offer, and haven't gotten one in ages.

Nothing is selling.  Had a sale the other day, and the next day the buyer asked to cancel.  That was the same day the 8% in ebay bucks came out, so I thought perhaps she wanted to use that coupon.  No chance.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Same boat as you lovingtreasures.....over 10 years of selling and I have NEVER received a promotion offer for free listings...NEVER!
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

I get these promos randomly, usually I get several a year, although not all I can use.

To those who aren't getting them, are you set to accept promotions? I'm pretty sure if you don't have this checked off you won't get any promotions, since it's assumed you don't want any.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextNotificationPreferences&FClass...

Under promotion and surveys click show, select seller email promotions.

f18d00ec055e572aef01f8e39e4266f4

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I got this one. Still have hundreds of unused store FP  listings. I think during the promotion the listings count towards the promotion, not to the store allottment? 

I have traditionally used promotions to list as many auctions as I can.  However over the past several weeks auctions didn't sell and as of yesterday I have only one up. I have stuff in my store I could move to auctions. I'm not sure it's worth the bother however.  Smiley Sad   Probably I'll run a "last chance" sale and anything that doesn't sell I'll get rid of.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Nope,  didn't get it on any of my accounts.  Could really use it for those Christmas shoppers out there!!!!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

I didn’t get the offer ... and didn’t expect to.

Apparently I’m now persona non grata on the Free Promo List.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I'm fed up and currently lotting out a lot of my inventory to other resellers. I have 5 watchers sitting on a RARE 6.99 pin that I normally would have sold for $15+. I have the only one on eBay. I dropped the price a dollar, nothing. So I just put it back up to $6.99 which is still a steal for this very rare pin.

This is normal now here on eBay. Out of curiosity, I dropped some other prices on good selling items to $2.22. A couple sold to a repeat buyer in Puerto Rico. The rest, no new views except my own.

Can't sell what isn't being seen. Maybe whoever buys it is one of eBay's preferred sellers. I clearly am of no value to eBay at all. And I feel it. As do many of you. Good luck selling everyone, I hope it gets better for those who can stick it out.
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

@lovefindingtreasures2 wrote:
I'm fed up and currently lotting out a lot of my inventory to other resellers. I have 5 watchers sitting on a RARE 6.99 pin that I normally would have sold for $15+. I have the only one on eBay. I dropped the price a dollar, nothing. So I just put it back up to $6.99 which is still a steal for this very rare pin.

Raise your prices.

I'll be the first to admit I know absolutely nothing about collectible pins, but as a buyer of collectible booklets, I won't buy if the price is too low. When I see a price that's too low it makes me think there's something wrong with the item that's not being disclosed. 

As a seller, I set my price, sometimes with best offer, and wait. Everything eventually sells if it's something in demand.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply