cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the current selling category

Could someone please help me,

If I change the current selling category (Home & Garden) to another (Toys & Hobbies)  any consequences? A/c Suspension? can I sell on both categories?   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changing the current selling category

@jetwingbroad 

Are you saying you want to list (1) item in more than (1) category or you just wish to sell different types of items in multiple categories?

Both scenarios are perfectly fine.  You can list your items in whatever categories you wish.  You can list a single item in up to (2) categories at a time.  You can sell multiple types of items, it is allowed and use whatever categories they best fit in.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You can pay extra and list in 2 categories if the product has multiple uses. And no, you won't get i trouble if you change categories, as long as you don't have any bids.

There should be no issue, except the item specifics would be very different for a Home & Garden item vs Toys & Hobbies.

Usually the listing template steers your towards what it thinks is the best match based on the title or UPC?  What category does it default recommend?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Dear katzrul15,

Thank you very much for the fast response. 

I just want to sell on both categories. (home & garden / Toys & Hobbies). 

Does eBay allow this? I'm confused, because of the information posted in social media.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes, you can.  They will charge you for the 2nd category though - only 1 of them is free.

The item specifics will likely be different for the 2 categories, so to get your money's worth - fill out as much as possible in both.

Good luck to you!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Dear redbell45,

Thank you for the fast reply. 

I want to sell different types of products. Home and garden product range and another range of toys and hobbies. Not the only product I want to sell in two categories.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@jetwingbroad 

Are you saying you want to list (1) item in more than (1) category or you just wish to sell different types of items in multiple categories?

Both scenarios are perfectly fine.  You can list your items in whatever categories you wish.  You can list a single item in up to (2) categories at a time.  You can sell multiple types of items, it is allowed and use whatever categories they best fit in.  

Posting ID Only.......
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This is a Sri Lanka drop shipping question. There really should be a separate category for these questions.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

This is a Sri Lanka drop shipping question. There really should be a separate category for these questions.

Facepalm.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you very much 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I saw where the Buyer was located.  They have listings, they have FB from buyers.  I try to not get into the weeds too hard on how this is all happening.  I just answered their question as English is not their first language, etc.

It is better than posting about my tidy house or flying wombats or whatever.  lol

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 11
latest reply