cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change quantity to zero?

So if you sell products through various outlets and run out of stock on an item your only option is to end your listing?!?! I have sooo many problems with this. First of all, since this last update,  when you change the quantity to zero, it will automatically adjust to 1 when you leave that field. Fortunately I caught it. If I didn't I could have sold an item I did not have in stock.  I contacted ebay and was told the only way to zero out sales is to "end the listing"  I feel like I depend on the history to help sell some of my products. I feel large sales numbers increases buying confidence. If you end a listing the sales history disappears. Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot change quantity to zero?

@a-cut-above 

Another thread has suggested that as a work around, "bulk" editing will still allow the (0) to go in. Apparently some eBay coding issue.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@a-cut-above wrote:

So if you sell products through various outlets and run out of stock on an item your only option is to end your listing?!?! I have sooo many problems with this. First of all, since this last update,  when you change the quantity to zero, it will automatically adjust to 1 when you leave that field. Fortunately I caught it. If I didn't I could have sold an item I did not have in stock.  I contacted ebay and was told the only way to zero out sales is to "end the listing"  I feel like I depend on the history to help sell some of my products. I feel large sales numbers increases buying confidence. If you end a listing the sales history disappears. Am I missing something?

Hey @a-cut-above! We apologize about the issue you are running into when trying to update the quantity of an item to zero. Just as @buyselljack2016 recommend, you can use the workaround by going through bulk editing. This is a known sitewide issue with an open ticket to have it resolved. You can reach out to customer support here and let them know that you are experiencing ALERT14330 to have your account added to the ticket. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Been going on all day for me here on 2 different accounts.  We figured out the work around in the bulk editing area to change inventory from 1 to 0 where need be.  But NOT before we had some buyers buy some things I listed at "0" (re-listed items with inventory on the way) and didn't notice ebay had changed it to a "0" from a "1". 

Hope ebay fixes it soon.  It's too close to Christmas to have unhappy ebay shoppers. 🙂

I called in and walked someone from ebay through it, and showed him the work around.  I then found the ALERT14330 reference while on the phone and mentioned to add us to that ticket.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

We are also having this problem. I followed your advice and reported it, referencing that Alert number... but...

For anyone else attempting to do the same, the reporting process is not a quick one. The customer support link provided in Devon's message takes you to a Customer Service 'Contact' page, but then you have to 'chat' with an automated assistant, then click the link that you still need assistance, then be transferred to an agent, then have the agent attempt to go through trouble-shooting as if you're reporting a new issue. Even if you provide the alert number and saying you merely want to report that you're affected too... It ends up taking over 20 minutes. Just a heads-up...

FYI - A quantity zero update also works properly through the App. (Not just through the bulk edit website tool you mentioned.) It is much more convenient for us to update through the website, one item at a time though. Because we usually only need to do this when we discover an individual item is temporarily sold out. (And we have to wait for more to come in.) So we're not in a situation where we actually need to edit multiple items at once. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply