cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Remove Ebay International Shipping from my Listings Starting a Few Days Ago

Does anyone know if this an intentional change or a bug?  Up until sometime last week, I was able to toggle international shipping off or on in my individual listings, and then select Ebay International Standard Shipping for the listing if I wanted it.  Now, not only do all of my new listings default to this, but all of my existing active listings have been changed to having EIS active including things that I would never want to ship overseas such as very fragile, large, or high value items!  The only way I found to turn it off for a specific listing is to open the Excluded Countries page in the listing and check off every single country that was not excluded, which takes many minutes to do.  I had a tea set listed that could take up to 3 boxes to pack - I would never want to ship it internationally - the auction for it just ended and I noticed that it has international shipping on it now, which I had definitely turned off when I originally listed it.  I guess I'm going to have to opt out of international shipping until this is changed.  Too scary for me.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Cannot Remove Ebay International Shipping from my Listings Starting a Few Days Ago

@inhawaii   

@inhawaii wrote:

I only have the option for GSP and it allows me to toggle it ON or OFF. 

NOW why can't eBay do that with EIS, give us the on or off option.....  😖

I do not even have an options for EIS.

From what I understand EIS is not yet available to everyone.

That's correct.   I was opted in kind of early... seems like I am on the Beta list for everything.  LOL

Just woke up one morning and GSP was gone, this was after seeing an INVITE to sign up, which hadn't done yet.  

Not that I am complaining... I like the benefits of  the EIS a LOT.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Re: Cannot Remove Ebay International Shipping from my Listings Starting a Few Days Ago

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

Does  Ebay's EIS  pay for the recycling  fee's some of EU countries charge  the international  Merchants  to  remove  the  shipping materials ?    

@carlmarxx   That is a good question and one I was not sure of.  So to play it safe I blocked Germany from sales.  Not that I have ever had a Germany sale since English comics most not be too popular there.

I do like that EIS handles all returns and there are not any international fees so it's better than the GSP, although the shipping seems to be slower.  I have had a couple of sales to the Netherlands using it and I'd say the estimated delivery dates are about 2 weeks longer.   This is the only country I've shipped to so far though so I don't know if it's the same everywhere.  

devon@ebay   kyle@ebay   elizabeth@ebay   Does EIS handle the recycling/ packing fees for Germany or other countries?  

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles that's a great question.  As part of eBay International Shipping, we will assume all responsibilities associated with the export of your item. This means eBay will be responsible for filing all documentation and complying with US export regulations on your behalf. We also will be covering sellers on the Germany packaging act, so sellers will not be required to provide a Lucid ID. 

I also ran this question by one of our colleagues on the shipping team and here was their response: 

"The recycling/packaging fees are related to the Germany packaging act so it is correct that EIS handles those.  The seller is not responsible for anything that happens or is required after proper delivery to the shipping hub."

Kyle,
eBay
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

kyle@ebay   Any news on when the $500 limit will start?  It was supposed to start in January granted the months not over yet.... but correct information on the help pages would be nice.    It should say $150 UNTIL the $500 starts.    Will there be different levels for different sellers?  If so that should be stated.

https://www.ebay.com/help/shipping-items/ebay-international-shipping-program/selling/setting-shippin...

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Did we ever get a followup after the Fall Seller Update thread about eBay International Shipping was locked? I remember there being questions left unanswered regarding contradictions in the press release vs what the terms of service said. I'll copy and paste an email I sent eBay that never got a response.

"After the press release months ago announcing this new international shipping program eBay closed a community thread leaving many contradicting statements unanswered. "We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week.” There was no follow up from eBay on this post so I’ll ask again now:

Do sellers have to wait for the item to arrive with the buyer before they get paid?

If the item is lost in international transit at what point do sellers get paid if that would normally happen when the buyer receives the item?

Who handles customer service? With current programs shippers have said eBay is the customer and must request help when there is an issue. I have had this problem with DHS on EISD where they say eBay is the customer not me.

if we ship the item advertised to the reshipping center and it gets there in good condition, under what circumstances (be thorough, please) would this not result in us getting paid in full for the sale?

The press release states that eBay handles all returns and the buyer gets to “keep the sale” but the terms of service state that eBay might return the item to the seller and take funds from the seller to cover the return. How is it determined which will happen?"
Message 19 of 31
latest reply

3 weeks ago I turned INtl Shipping on or off by opening up a panel and doing some pita thing.  Then 2 weeks ago I found instead of the panel they had added a pull down which made it very easy.  Then a few days later I went and found the pull down removed and a little switch that had to be toggled up in the corner.  The next time I went in the pulldown was back and the toggle were both there.     Last time I used the toggle to turn off Intl Shipping.  Some stuff just can't go. 

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

3 weeks ago I turned INtl Shipping on or off by opening up a panel and doing some pita thing.  Then 2 weeks ago I found instead of the panel they had added a pull down which made it very easy.  Then a few days later I went and found the pull down removed and a little switch that had to be toggled up in the corner.  The next time I went in the pulldown was back and the toggle were both there.     Last time I used the toggle to turn off Intl Shipping.  Some stuff just can't go. 

We are discussing the New eBay International Shipping.   You can turn off international shipping at the listing level, however if you are opted into EIS at the account level then it will still ship using EIS.   You have to block countries at the listing level with EIS to stop it from working.  

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

kyle@ebay   Any news on when the $500 limit will start?  It was supposed to start in January granted the months not over yet.... but correct information on the help pages would be nice.    It should say $150 UNTIL the $500 starts.    Will there be different levels for different sellers?  If so that should be stated.

https://www.ebay.com/help/shipping-items/ebay-international-shipping-program/selling/setting-shippin...

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles we haven't received any updates as of yet, but we'll sure to announce any updates we do get.  We'll be glad to pass along the feedback again about having more clarity and specificity on the help page too, as that would certainly help a lot!  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 22 of 31
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles we haven't received any updates as of yet, but we'll sure to announce any updates we do get.  We'll be glad to pass along the feedback again about having more clarity and specificity on the help page too, as that would certainly help a lot!  

kyle@ebay.  Thank you for all the work you and the community team do.    

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@studiodeflores  It IS safe to opt back in!  I've been using it just fine. Have had 5-6 sales over the last few months with it.  Just know that it is for now anyway, intentional that you cannot toggle it per listing.  It is a Global setting.  

Have you had any INR or NAD cases, either through eBay or a chargeback, opened against the items you have sold? Have you had a return request yet? Do you know who the sub-contractor is that is running the logistical operations for eBay? I have no doubt that the items flow through the logistical process without too many problems it is more the other terms and conditions that I have yet to see substantiated. 

I am wondering if eBay will waffle on these like they often do with regards to the MBG and buyers use of FF's. There also seem to be some restrictions on what you can ship with regards to size, weight and prohibited items that I don't recall existing under the GSP. A couple that stood out were the items have to be BIN, the max $500 value and the prohibition on used auto parts. 

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@lightningmcqueen190 

I remember that shortly after the EIS program was announced that they did say that there was a mistake in the original wording and that sellers would be paid at the same time that they would be for any other sale.

If you want confirmation for that I know that @simply-the-best-for-you  and @mybigsale have used the program so they should be able to confirm that they were paid right away.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

@lightningmcqueen190 

"after the EIS program was announced that they did say that there was a mistake in the original wording and that sellers would be paid at the same time that they would be for any other sale."

My EIS sales have been paid the same as domestic sales (no holds).

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

@studiodeflores  It IS safe to opt back in!  I've been using it just fine. Have had 5-6 sales over the last few months with it.  Just know that it is for now anyway, intentional that you cannot toggle it per listing.  It is a Global setting.  

Have you had any INR or NAD cases, either through eBay or a chargeback, opened against the items you have sold? Have you had a return request yet? Do you know who the sub-contractor is that is running the logistical operations for eBay? I have no doubt that the items flow through the logistical process without too many problems it is more the other terms and conditions that I have yet to see substantiated. 

I am wondering if eBay will waffle on these like they often do with regards to the MBG and buyers use of FF's. There also seem to be some restrictions on what you can ship with regards to size, weight and prohibited items that I don't recall existing under the GSP. A couple that stood out were the items have to be BIN, the max $500 value and the prohibition on used auto parts. 

@dbfolks166mt  Sorry for the delay in answering.  Nope, no chargebacks, no return requests, no problems at all.  But then I've never had any of those things with GSP either.   IDK who is running it, the pkgs are being sent via Asendia.   The terms seem to be better than what we had with GSP, since we did not have as many protections with GSP.  I get that I can't prove they will honor what they say.   

Bottom line for me is I've had no problems with it, nor did I ever have problems with GSP except very slow shipping at the height of the pandemic.   I don't do auctions & I don't sell auto parts or $500 items, so IDK anything about that.  

It's safe in that many have been using it just fine.  Supposedly has more protections than GSP did & frankly, the only difference I've noticed besides it going to IL instead of KY, is that it does seem to be slower than GSP was 😞  Obviously, everyone has to decide for themselves, like they do with anything else on eBay.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel
eBay Community Mentor
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

"The press release states that eBay handles all returns and the buyer gets to “keep the sale” but the terms of service state that eBay might return the item to the seller and take funds from the seller to cover the return. How is it determined which will happen?"

Yes, that's what's confusing me.  I'm waiting to try it until that's cleared up.  I've never done international sales except through freight forwarding.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

How did you opt out? I've tried for 2 days!

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@studiodeflores 

The EIS program doesn't allow for turning it off at the listing level.  You need to go to your Site Preferences from your Seller Hub.  Update your Shipping preferences.  Once you turn it off, your listings will revert back but it will take up to 24 hours for that to happen.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 30 of 31
latest reply