cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Edit Variation Listings for 2+ Weeks

I am unable to edit any of my variation listings. If I try to add a combination, the button is unresponsive. If I try to automatically add the rows, I cannot delete any of the variations generated. The pop up window (that usually asks you if you're sure, click yes or no) is un-locatable on the screen for me to click 'yes' or 'no', so the page essentially becomes stuck and I have to back out of it and lose my work. There is no way to work around this problem and it has been ongoing.  Can somebody at ebay fix this?

I went searching the forums a couple days ago for help and found some people having the same issue, but I cannot find those threads at the moment to check and see if the issue is being looked into.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I also began seeing those issues a couple of weeks ago. 

Click the following from one of your multi-variation listings.....I'm assuming that you want to add a size:

Revise your Item

Variations - Edit

Attributes and options you've selected - Edit

Within the Options Field - Select the size(variation) that you want to add

Update Variations

Add Rows Automatically

That will automatically add the variation to your variations options. Then you can adjust the quantity, price, SKU, etc.

It's a pain doing all those extra steps. However, the process worked for my listings. I hope that helps!!! 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I did try to do it this way for a bit, and it works in some cases, but in cases where I needed to delete the excess rows for combinations that I didn't need, I was unable to delete them. If I clicked delete, the page would become grayed out, due to the pop up window - that asks you to confirm deleting that row "yes" or "no" - would be un-locatable on my screen.  So I would have to back out of the page, really, and nothing would get done.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that for me,  the "Add Combination" button is currently working, although, I am still having trouble with the deletion of rows. The pop up window is still not on my screen. I can work around this though.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

same problem here, some listings I can be able to add variations, but others dont

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Same issue here for about 4 days now. When my combo variations of color and size are created automatically and I then go in to delete the ones I do not need the entire screen goes gray and freezes up. This is typically where the pop-up comes confirming if you want to delete, but no pop-up shows. Just a gray overlay on the screen and it freezes up entirely.  I have cleared cookies and cache, tried three different browsers, made sure all browsers are updated and still nothing works. Also tried classic and new listing tools. On three separate occasions this has also caused all of my variations to not save and resulted in me having to go back in and add all of my different variations again. I have spoken with eBay and they have no clue and will only open a report to which they never contact you and give you an update on. If you follow up on it the CS person has no clue and no information but to issue the report again. Just an endless circle of nothing. A lot of my listings are variations which has left me either with a work around way of listing, making them look clunky and wasting my time, or the inability to list at all. It appears from other threads that there has been issues with variation listing going on since mid-year 2021 and the issues still have not been fixed.  velvet@ebay, tyler@ebay 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I edit my variations listings almost daily.

The last one was today.

I am not experiencing any problems.

So I take it these problems are not affecting everybody.

Holding Back The Years - Simply Red
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It isn't happening to everyone. In fact, I have multiple selling accounts. Only one of my accounts is affected. My other accounts work just fine using the same laptop and browser. This account was working fine up until a few days ago, and then it suddenly started having this issue. My other accounts are absolutely fine and work as intended. Seems odd to me that only this one account would have this issue.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply