cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay fees, can't reach anyone at ebay. Craptastic service!

I've always had my sellers fees deducted by my Ebay balance (if I've forgotten to quickly zero it out) or it's been paid through my linked accounts.

Now all of a sudden they're not pulling the payment AND the link to pay the balance doesn't work.... it just sits there.

Of course, I'm getting threatening robo messages from Ebay but naturally there's no way to actually communicate with a human.  I"m really getting tired of this place and I've been here a bunch of years.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is the second post I've seen regarding this issue. Glitch?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This is the second post I've seen regarding this issue. Glitch?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@oau wrote:

I've always had my sellers fees deducted by my Ebay balance (if I've forgotten to quickly zero it out) or it's been paid through my linked accounts.

Now all of a sudden they're not pulling the payment AND the link to pay the balance doesn't work.... it just sits there.

Of course, I'm getting threatening robo messages from Ebay but naturally there's no way to actually communicate with a human.  I"m really getting tired of this place and I've been here a bunch of years.

We got a message earlier today that our cancellation couldn't be processed:

"We were unable to charge your payment method for the refund of this cancellation. Please add or update your payment instrument and try again."

Not only do we have eBay balance, but our payment is still valid and has been registered with them for months.

Sounds like yes, this is yet another glitch.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

@oau wrote:

We got a message earlier today that our cancellation couldn't be processed:

"We were unable to charge your payment method for the refund of this cancellation. Please add or update your payment instrument and try again."

Not only do we have eBay balance, but our payment is still valid and has been registered with them for months.

Sounds like yes, this is yet another glitch.

Don't feel bad Ive been with eBay since 1999 and there messing with my payment of subscription fees too. Amazing, can't even pay them/eBay without a hassle. Figured they would have this fixed REAL quick.

Not an issue since 1999. Zero issues paying eBay fees. Not a one.

I guess this proves their glitches(by the way, not a glitch when folks are getting SUSPENDED.) are not personal, they are just damaging themselves. LOL.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@oau 

I've had my fee's taken from my checking account since 2011.

A couple years ago, I received an email saying I owed some fee's and had to pay them.

Got to checking and the setting to deduct the fee's from my checking account was changed and they were not able to get their fee's.

Fixed it and haven't had any more problems, yet.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I did nothing more than to ignore their warning letters. I finally got an invoice again, hit pay an indeed it processed.  Why it didn't auto deduct as it has for many years, is a mystery.

It's another good reason to taper off Ebay selling  when I have other options  to sell my excess hobby equipment.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I had this happen a couple months ago.  They always take the fees out of balance or they debit my linked account.  I wake up one morning saying my account is restricted since I did not pay my fees!  **bleep**?  Later that day they debited my checking account and reinstated my account.  

I just figured something burped in the system.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 7 of 7
latest reply