cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Sales Reports OR Sales Reports Plus

I'm pulling my hair out here.  My Sales reports expired because I went longer than 60 days checking it so........anyway, I'm trying to get it back but for the life of me I can't find it ANYWHERE.

I went to Seller Hub>Overview>Selling Tools.....and my understanding is there should be a link to Sales reports there .......................but it's just GONE.  

I even went to the ebay help pages (G....A....W....D) and followed their direct link to "Subscriptions" in the account link to My ebay (where I'm SUPPOSED to be able to scroll down to "Sales Reports" and select "subscribe".  But again......there IS NO link to Sales Reports.

Have they just done away with them?  I have an ebay (premium) store subscription and I'm not in bad standing or anything like that.   ARGH.....

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Other folks have complaines as well. Probably figuring out if they can charge for them lol.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Ha Ha!  Sadly.....that thought HAD occurred to me.  I'm in Texas.  Just figured out that ebay has taken over collecting and remitting our sales tax "for" us.  Fine by me....but I'd like to have something to show them (texas comptroller) if they ever ask about it.   I was told I could pull it up in my Sales Reports.  So I figured I'd just print it out each month and have it on hand should any questions arise.  

But apparently they're not gonna make it easy to find!  

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

See if you get sales report +, here:

https://sales-reports.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SalesReportsSummary&SalesReportsSummary=&guest=1

I actually use this more:

https://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMProViewReport

you have to ask for the report, which you can download..........

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

nymania
Adventurer

You might have to subscribe to selling manager pro ($15.99/month) to download those reports. After spending almost 2 hours with ebay today also pulling my hairs out, I subscribed to selling manager pro. However, sales reports will not show taxes collected for each transaction. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 

You can download a report from Seller Hub>Manage All Orders that has a column with eBay collected taxes.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

I downloaded that report earlier this evening.  Tried to do a test print of it and it was 32 pages LONG.  Ugh....I just thought it'd be nice to have something to show the tax man if I were asked but maybe I won't even need to.  We've always figured it up and sent a check to the state comptroller for what we owe.  Now that ebay is doing the collecting FOR us I'm not sure if I even NEED to keep track of it.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

When I go to that first link it pops up this message: You are unable to access this page because you are not currently subscribed to Sales Reports. Learn more about Sales Reports.

When I click on "learn more about sales reports" it has a link to the page where you're supposedly able to sign up. But when I click the link it just pops up my store subscription page with NO link to sign up for sales reports.

Maybe what I'm looking for is not even AVAILABLE in Sales reports. I wanted SOMEWHERE I could find out how much tax ebay had collected for my Texas sales in any given month. Just something I could show if I were ever asked. But maybe that's not even something I need to worry about anymore (now that ebay is collecting and remitting it for us).

I noticed when I sold an item to a buyer in Texas this evening it doesn't even show up in the transaction details. That's how I found out ebay had taken that over. Because usually it shows how much tax the buyer paid and this one had NOTHING about taxes on the payment.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 wrote:

I downloaded that report earlier this evening.  Tried to do a test print of it and it was 32 pages LONG.  Ugh....I just thought it'd be nice to have something to show the tax man if I were asked but maybe I won't even need to.  We've always figured it up and sent a check to the state comptroller for what we owe.  Now that ebay is doing the collecting FOR us I'm not sure if I even NEED to keep track of it.

You would still need to report your total sales to your state as you any business does.  Both your sales that aren't taxable and what is not subject to sales tax.

Check with your states requirements on reporting as it can vary by state.  You have enough sales that you should be reporting to your state monthly, quarterly or yearly, whatever their requirement for you is.

For the state I'm in, I still need to report not just my total sales, sales that is not subject to sales tax and the sales that are subject to sales tax.  I can then take a deduction for what sales Ebay, Amazon, Etsy, etc., collected sales tax on for a net amount [if any] that I still need to remit to my state.

So check your states requirements.  Don't assume.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 

Check with your tax authority regarding filing.  I am in AZ and we will be filing a deduction code and amount for the eBay collected tax for AZ.  I usually don't have too many eBay sales into my own state, so I am planning to just capture the data I need from the report and make my own spreadsheet for record keeping.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Yes, we've been reporting and remitting sales tax since Day ONE on ebay.   Rick has always taken care of it monthly.   I just thought it would help if I could easily pull up and print SOMETHING showing how much tax ebay collected for our state by month (in case they ever questioned it).

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I had same issues, seller hub did not update sales for a week
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 

Morning anne. I didn't click on what dhbooks sent you, but I still use the ebay Classic Summary. Click on my store, then upper right, Manage Store. On left are choices, one of which is Sales Report Plus as a last entry. Mine still works (have been enrolled since 2006 I think), but it has and does not now show any tax information. Hope this helps. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 wrote:
When I go to that first link it pops up this message: You are unable to access this page because you are not currently subscribed to Sales Reports. Learn more about Sales Reports.

When I click on "learn more about sales reports" it has a link to the page where you're supposedly able to sign up. But when I click the link it just pops up my store subscription page with NO link to sign up for sales reports.

Maybe what I'm looking for is not even AVAILABLE in Sales reports. I wanted SOMEWHERE I could find out how much tax ebay had collected for my Texas sales in any given month. Just something I could show if I were ever asked. But maybe that's not even something I need to worry about anymore (now that ebay is collecting and remitting it for us).

I noticed when I sold an item to a buyer in Texas this evening it doesn't even show up in the transaction details. That's how I found out ebay had taken that over. Because usually it shows how much tax the buyer paid and this one had NOTHING about taxes on the payment.

I didn't think it was in Sales reports +, but I don't use it........

It is in Selling Manager Pro reports....and that is free with a Premium store, but it won't "go back" for reports, will only show current/future reports when you subscribe...  You can also get the tax amounts on each transaction the view order page..but I don't know of another place for the monthly totals.......

@Anonymous 

Is there a "free" place to get monthly tax totals?

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@anne3261 wrote:

Yes, we've been reporting and remitting sales tax since Day ONE on ebay.   Rick has always taken care of it monthly.   I just thought it would help if I could easily pull up and print SOMETHING showing how much tax ebay collected for our state by month (in case they ever questioned it).

Yes of course.  We all have the same wish.  Ebay has always lacked in the area of printable and/or downloadable reports.  So I completely understand.

I currently download the sales information they offer into an Excel worksheet and then from there I edit and revise the information into a more useful format for me.  This is however the first year I will need to rely on this information for any kind of tax reporting, so it could be interesting.  I file just once a year in my state.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 15 of 24
latest reply