cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i cancel an order and refund a buyer if he payed, but i not yet shipped?

So i have an item that was bidded on, and the winner of the auction refused to pay me the winning bid and told me he would only pay an earlier bid of his. Me being new to ebay and was kind of out of it, accepted and he payed me through paypal... now i am looking back at it and i could've got more from the bidder right before him. Can i cancel the order and refund his money or is that not allowed?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No once you accepted his payment, you have to go through with it and ship the item or risk a defect.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No you need to sell it for the amount you agreed to...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No once you accepted his payment, you have to go through with it and ship the item or risk a defect.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@sinthavong113 wrote:

So i have an item that was bidded on, and the winner of the auction refused to pay me the winning bid and told me he would only pay an earlier bid of his. Me being new to ebay and was kind of out of it, accepted and he payed me through paypal... now i am looking back at it and i could've got more from the bidder right before him. Can i cancel the order and refund his money or is that not allowed?

You can cancel and take the hit. It is not recommended as an unforseen problem later could put your account in jepordy.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

If it was an auction, how did the buyer pay less than the willing bid?

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Per the OP, the buyer paid through PayPal and not through eBay....what a mess!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

" and was kind of out of it, accepted and he payed me through paypal..."

To me it would appear that OP's "buyer" has sent  funds thru PayPal & not paid thru eBay checkout.

We may never know as the OP may still be "kind of out of it".

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@sinthavong113 wrote:

You gave this person your Paypal email address, correct? (Never, NEVER do that)

And you then got a payment email from Paypal, correct?

Did you actually LOG IN to Paypal directly to see if you had been paid? If there is no payment in Paypal, you weren't paid and can file an unpaid item dispute.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@sinthavong113 wrote:

You gave this person your Paypal email address, correct? (Never, NEVER do that)

And you then got a payment email from Paypal, correct?

Did you actually LOG IN to Paypal directly to see if you had been paid? If there is no payment in Paypal, you weren't paid and can file an unpaid item dispute.

Good catch. Possible scam. If not I assume he can refund through PayPal and ignore until paid through eBay.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

siayan wrote: 
Good catch. Possible scam. If not I assume he can refund through PayPal and ignore until paid through eBay.

He still owes Final Value Fees, too, based on the final selling price, not whatever the negotiated lower price was. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If the guy won the auction then actually paid you a lesser amount through PP, just refund the $ he sent you - do this on PP as it's not attached to an eBay sale - then tell him " sorry but you owe the amount you won at. You need to either pay it on eBay or I can cancel the transaction for you."

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

siayan wrote: 

He still owes Final Value Fees, too, based on the final selling price, not whatever the negotiated lower price was. 

With all the going on back and forth I think I would eat the FVF's on this one if he actually paid through PayPal.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@sinthavong113

Breadcrumb for the OP

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 13
latest reply