cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell on Ebay then just drop ship using Amazon prime?

Can I sell on Ebay then just drop ship the item from Amazon? 

Is that against the rules? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

@thorsmagicjacuzzi wrote:

Can I sell on Ebay then just drop ship the item from Amazon? 

Is that against the rules? 

Thanks. 

It's not against the rules but it's not exactly recommended either..

It often ends in Late Deliveries, Item Not Received Cases and Item Not As Described cases.

It's your account, your selling privileges so your choice.

GOOD LUCK

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

It's a violation of your agreement with Amazon Prime, which is just for personal use.

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

People do it all the time - but if you're using your Amazon Prime to drop ship you will probably be reported by a buyer and lose that Amazon privilege as it's against Prime rules. Many buyers buy here because they don't like Amazon - getting an Amazon package with a gift receipt for an item they ordered on Ebay sets some buyers off. Just be warned!

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

I personally have no Amazon items to sell but have received several FROM Amazon for items  I have purchased.     Just got one the other day.

Just Plain Nic

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

People do it all the time - but if you're using your Amazon Prime to drop ship you will probably be reported by a buyer and lose that Amazon privilege as it's against Prime rules. Many buyers buy here because they don't like Amazon - getting an Amazon package with a gift receipt for an item they ordered on Ebay sets some buyers off. Just be warned!

I am actually getting a lot of conflicting information about this. Some people say its legal and other say its violates the terms. 

Is there anything you can point to that backs up your position? Maybe the people at Amazon are too stupid to understand the question or what is going on with the drop shipping on Ebay sales. 

Thanks. 

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

Some people say its legal and other say its violates the terms. 

So check the Amazon Prime terms and conditions.  MY common sense tells me that Amazon did not intend Prime to subsidize sellers using it to drop ship.....but that's MY opinion.

However, whenever this topic comes up, there are some who don't understand that some ebay sellers have products stored IN Amazon warehouses and PAY Amazon to ship the stuff out.........These posters view anything shipped from Amazon as being shipped thru Prime.....which, of course, isn't true.  The key to determining it, seems to be if there is a gift notice in the package........

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

I'm pretty sure that ebay loves it and Amazon hates it. They are probably well aware of it happening but don't have the resourses to do much about it. Market domination in general (and not just weak ebay) probably takes the priority. But I have the feeling when the guillotine drops it's going to drop quick. And I'm not one to push buttons, especially as a seller!

Just IMHO, but yes it's doable for now. Be prepared for a few cranky customers. Good luck~

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

What does the gift notice indicate when a package is received from Amazon?  The item was stored in the  Amazon warehouses and paid Amazon to ship the stuff out or that its being drop shipped using amazon prime free shipping? 

Thanks. 

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

@thorsmagicjacuzzi wrote:

What does the gift notice indicate when a package is received from Amazon?  The item was stored in the  Amazon warehouses and paid Amazon to ship the stuff out or that its being drop shipped using amazon prime free shipping? 

Thanks. 

Yes.

It means they shipped using their Amazon Prime. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

"I'm pretty sure that ebay loves it and Amazon hates it."

Ths poster can just call Amazon up and ask what is the policy on using Prime for drop

shipping.

I doubt Amazon would like the practice as it may get them involved with a problem

not of their making. From what I have gathered, Amazon takes a very dim view of

any selling practice that doesn't leave them looking good and they will end what

ever practice that maybe fast. The have plenty of sellers, more than there are buyers.

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

Sorry I was unclear........

The gift notice is put in by the seller who as a buyer is using prime....apparently to cover the change of delivery address from his registered shipping address on Amazon to the address of his buyer........

That is supposition on my part, as have never had one.  But I have to think Amazon must have a way of monitoring and if too many things are shipped outside that main address, they may question the buyer.......again, a guess........

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

The gift receipt is optional.  The seller has to click on a specific button during checkout and make choices if he wants one to be included.

From the Prime TOS: "Prime members are not permitted to purchase products for the purpose of resale, rental, or to ship to their customers or potential customers using Prime benefits."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=13819201

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Prime is not meant to be used to drop ship to a seller's customers; this is different than sellers who use Amazon to store and ship.  If the seller using their Prime account is reported by the buyer, or"gift recipient", I think they get kicked out of Prime.  Amazon does not want to be paying the shipping for someone else's business.

I ordered something a few years ago before Christmas that came from Amazon with a gift receipt.  I had checked Amazon and Ebay, for price and fastest delivery time.  I bought from Ebay and paid a little more because they offered faster delivery.  I was not happy when it came as a "gift" drop shipped from Amazon, thus the seller's Prime account, as I checked there  and if I wanted it from there, I would have bought it from there.  I chose the Ebay seller even though I paid more because of the faster delivery, which then did not happen. 

I told them all this after receiving the item.

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

Ths poster can just call Amazon up and ask what is the policy on using Prime for drop

shipping.

Or he could go to the Amazon website and look up the terms of Amazon Prime.  It's really not that hard.

Message 15 of 53
latest reply