cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callbacks from Customer Service May Happen?

Customer Service is no longer calling back?

Settings on phone are confirmed to be unblocked.

Messages are received that state that "Thanks for your request to receive a call about your account ...but weren't able to reach you..." 

Sometimes I get a return call.  Other times (like now) I don't get a call back.   

My phone documents all blocked calls.  None were blocked.  Setting on my phone are set to No  block any calls.  

I am trying all the various topics to see if there is a topic that CSR will call me back.  So far

- Selling Fees (no call, email message received)

- Payments on Hold ( no call , email message received)

- Getting paid for items you've sold (no call or message after 1 hr & 10 minutes)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Nothing new, similar reports have been posted for years.

Just try again!

OR

If your questions don't require actual access to your account just post them here and you'll likely get a very quick reply and perhaps a much more accurate one.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Have not had an issue.  Maybe due to weekend?

If something serious, maybe post on social media?   E-Bay for Business on Facebook - hit message button, share your concern.  Good luck!!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I finally just used the chatting feature to see if there would be some assistance.  They acknowledged the system issue.  However, my customer was waiting on my response.  She wanted a solution. 

I told her about the system issue Ebay was having with international shipping.  Ebay told us to wait 24 hours and try to complete the sale  again.  She waited and tried to purchase again.  No success. 

I tried again to have someone call me.  No success.  So, again I used the chatting feature.  They recommended that the buyer "refresh" her account address as a work-around.  She tried and the change did not work.  My customer is going to have to call eBay herself.  I hope she can reach someone.  This is very discouraging.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a common game with eBay.  It seems to be especially popular when they're backed-up with call requests, such as when something is broken, and we all know that's quite often.  Rather than speak with the customer, eBay's overseas support just clearls the call and claims they couldn't get hold of you, and moves on to the next request in line.

Yes, it's a lousy way to run a business like eBay, but consider how much weight they give even to those reporting serious problems with their system - NONE - they just DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

In a way, this attitude reflects on the entire organization, and their arrogance toward those who pay to keep their lights on and their salaries so ridiculously high.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply