cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBD Hemp. Where in the policy does it say it's prohibited?

I have read through the prohibited items list but can't find mention of it. 

They removed my item before but I saw on Yahoo how ebay was in an article commenting about CBD sales yet I cant sell it. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

That is as of 5-11-18. Mine was removed in 2017.

Thank you.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The policy pages have been undergoing updates, editing, and re-writing for quite some time now.

You can go by the message that Ebay sent to you when they took it down last year.

Do no re list as that could put your selling privileges in jeopardy.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@pandybear wrote:

They removed my item before but I saw on Yahoo how ebay was in an article commenting about CBD sales yet I cant sell it. 

Wow ... that is a great observation.

alan@ebay

What is eBay's policy on CBD?  In the past year or two, seller's have had lots of CBD listings removed based on the tobacco and/or drug policies ... yet, in this article from Yahoo, eBay executive Bradford Shellhammer is praising the sales of CBD on eBay. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@pandybear wrote:

alan@ebay

What is eBay's policy on CBD?  In the past year or two, seller's have had lots of CBD listings removed based on the tobacco and/or drug policies ... yet, in this article from Yahoo, eBay executive Bradford Shellhammer is praising the sales of CBD on eBay. 

Looking into this, @orangehound. Will report back soon. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@pandybear wrote:

I think the current policy allows for approved sellers only?   I Recall seeing a list of qualifications to get approved.  I will try to find it and post it here.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

I think the current policy allows for approved sellers only?   I Recall seeing a list of qualifications to get approved.  I will try to find it and post it here.

As Alan posted, he's looking into it and will report back. It would be preferable to get the current eBay policy directly from him, rather than relying on potentially outdated eBay help/policy pages that don't necessarily reflect the most up-to-date information.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

alan@ebay

I would like to know this. I got flagged for just selling Hemp Oil, NON CBD yet there are over 500 listings for CBD OIL as of right now. I was told to kick rocks for the most part. Makes me think you guys are selling it yourself or people who work for eBay and closing down sellers who sell anything even close to it.

Mine got closed for donating 10% of my sells to the CBD non profit you have LOL you guys really don't give a **bleep** about sellers. So I have been moving over to Amazon as they don't have an issue with it.

It's also nice for you guys to releast sells numbers for CBD from your one and only eBay executive Bradford Shellhammer help you come down on a Top Rated Seller like me for selling Hemp Oil - (NONE CBD)

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Here is what eBay sent me when they flagged my hemp oil. Not that they really care about CBD Oil as there are over 500 listing for it right now. I think the sellers are working at eBay as most of them are in the state if CA. Mine got flagged for having the Non-Profit CBD that ebay supports as I was giving 10% of my sells to.

One other thing even know my account got flagged and I spent hours on the phone trying to get it worked out and they removed my account BAN as they said what I was selling was legal they told me NOT TO RELEAST IT AGAIN.

I think eBay or the ebay people or are selling it are just trying to keep all the money themselfs due to at this point it is for the most part legal everyplace and the FED will make it 100% legal soon also. Amazon does not have an issue with it from what I can tell. 

I know eBay is not doing the best money wise like they did back in the day and they have been bleeding market share to Amazon, Walmart and so on. I think a lot of this has to do with how they treat sellers. I have never been treated such a rud person as I have from eBay support.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Oliver,

This email is in regard to your recent contact with eBay.

We understand that you requested an email indicating the list of exceptions on listing hemp oil. As agreed during the call, below are the requested list.

• Hemp products (for example, paper, rope, clothing, cosmetics, and food-grade seeds [do not require sterilization disclaimer]) are generally OK to list if the seller does not mention drug effects or compare it to CBD.
  • Topical products (lotions, creams, etc.) that include CBD oil as one of the ingredients are allowed.
  • Hemp oil / fiber is permitted if the seller does not make any drug references or compare it to CBD oil.
  • Crotalaria juncea (Sunn hemp, Fabaceae, items and seeds)

If you require further assistance regarding this concern, feel free to contact eBay customer support.

Regards

eBay Trust & Safety

[THREAD ID: 1-2A3FXUID]

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

alan@ebay

What's the word on this if anything I would love to know as the farm bill will pass soon too.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I would think until an illegal substance is legal within the complete US then it would make sense that it is prohibited to sell on Ebay. No need to specifically name every illegal item on Ebay that you cannot sell.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Hemp is now federally legal. Can I list hemp flower??

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@aljeezzyllc wrote:

Hemp is now federally legal. Can I list hemp flower??

You do realize that just because something in not illegal to sell, it is not mandatory that ebay allow it to be sold on their website, right?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

General Reply - Not opinion - my opinion on this matter is moot since we are talking actual legalities and restrictions.

The prohibited items list includes prescription drugs and illegal substances. It does not need to spell out "CBD"

There have been multiple threads about CBD ... here are some:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/CBD-Hemp-Oil-suddenly-restricted-on-eBay-as-of-5-11-2018/m-p/2...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Hemp-Oil-NO-CBD-NO-THC-listing-flagged-and-banned-from-selling...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Removal-of-my-Listing-Item-263568278456-1-1oz-FS-CBD-Oil-Hemp/...

The sale and use of CBD (and other hemp products meant for human consumption) is not legal in all 50 States.

In some states it is completely decriminalized

In some states it is completely illegal

In some states, it is approved for medical use and needs a prescription.

In some states, it may not need a prescription, but the seller must be licenced by the state to sell it.

As long as there are restrictions on the state level, eBay will not allow the sale of these items across state lines.

Since there is no mechanism on eBay to restrict sales by state, the sales must be completely blocked.

eBay has "gated" the sales of CBD and other hemp products to a,select few pre-approved sellers.....The same as wine and alcohol sales.

States with specific CBD laws:

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=006473

Legality of Cannibis by State (July 2018)

https://qz.com/quartzy/1296860/is-cbd-legal-it-depends-on-who-you-ask/

Screenshot_2018-09-23-11-37-53_kindlephoto-9678838.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 16
latest reply