cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers remorse - Buyer didn't read listing

Where is the gripe page for "Buyers don't read?"

Sold a puzzle. Buyer left negative feedback in the Ask Questions section saying the puzzle and box are "too small" and the puzzle pieces are "tiny."

My listing states the puzzle size seven times (yes 7).
(1) Item Specifics section states "Puzzle Size: 14" x 11"
(1) Item Description section states "Puzzle Size: 14" x 11"
(5) The five photos of the new factory-sealed box all show the puzzle size.
Additionally, in the Item Description section, I state the Box Size.

Here's the kicker, the buyer also complained "it's just like the ones at the Dollar store."
Ok.... so you admit having knowledge about this style puzzle, yet you bought it anyway?!

Called eBay to discuss what happens with this case of buyers remorse. Bad news, eBay says I have to accept the return. Good news, the buyer has to pay return shipping. I see this buyer has left similar feedback for other sellers, complaining about item size. She even complained about a Chinese seller using centimeters instead of inches, and that confused her.

On a lighter note... is it Buyer's remorse or Buyers' remorse? Wasn't sure where to place the apostrophe, so I omitted it completely, lol.

Search: Puzzle 500 Pieces EASTER EGG HUNT. Price is $4.99 with Free Shipping. From Aurora, IL.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I understand you are upset and I am sorry. A return is frustrating. But with all due respect, I noted the following: Buyer says the pieces are tiny. You listed the overall size, not the size of the pieces. Now I would not consider listing the piece size because it varies, but apparently that size matters to this buyer. Possibly she needs larger pieces, due to smaller hands, for children. She says it is just like the ones in the Dollar Store, and you say so she had prior knowledge and bought it anyway. She may just be saying that for comparison, it does not mean she knew it was like that when she bought it. She might have realized that upon receiving the item. It's Buyer's remorse, as it is one buyer who has the remorse. BTW, that puzzle sounds adorable! Sorry this happened to you.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@kate_lily wrote:

On a lighter note... is it Buyer's remorse or Buyers' remorse? Wasn't sure where to place the apostrophe, so I omitted it completely, lol.

That depends upon whether you are referring to one buyer (buyer's remorse) or multiple buyers (buyers' remorse).

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The size of the piece is based on the number of pieces in the puzzle.  Anyone who does puzzles should know that an 11x 14" puzzle with 1,000 pcs has 1/2 the size pieces than one that is the same size with 500 pieces.  These buyers are ridiculous!  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

@busterbgood

castlemagicmemories -- Thanks for your input. I understand your point of view, but disagree on one point (piece size). I concur with busterbgood. Anyone that has worked a jigsaw puzzle knows that 14" x 11" puzzle is small--it's one-quarter of standard size. Even if a person doesn't own a rule, you know a sheet of standard notebook paper is 8.5" x 11", so we are talking about a puzzle size smaller than two sheets of notebook paper laid side by side.

Additionally, the buyer left almost identical feedback on another seller's site for the same style puzzle, just different image. I'm guessing this isn't her first rodeo. Sorry, that's the only expression that came to mind 🙂

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I would not call it buyers remorse but more buyers mistake. Remorse is just you changed your mind. In your case I have never seen a 500 piece puzzle SO SMALL. I could see easily that the size may have been overlooked at the time of purchase. Maybe put a completed puzzle in the picture for size or some sort of reference.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@kate_lily wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

@busterbgood

castlemagicmemories -- Thanks for your input. I understand your point of view, but disagree on one point (piece size). I concur with busterbgood. Anyone that has worked a jigsaw puzzle knows that 14" x 11" puzzle is small--it's one-quarter of standard size. Even if a person doesn't own a rule, you know a sheet of standard notebook paper is 8.5" x 11", so we are talking about a puzzle size smaller than two sheets of notebook paper laid side by side.

Additionally, the buyer left almost identical feedback on another seller's site for the same style puzzle, just different image. I'm guessing this isn't her first rodeo. Sorry, that's the only expression that came to mind 🙂

You are both right~~ I never really thought of that perspective, using a sheet of paper measurements~~sorry.  I've worked jigsaw puzzles but really, the size meant nothing to me, so I thought that might have been the case with the buyer.  If I were buying it, then I would have whipped out a ruler or yardstick and figured out the size.   It's really strange she left that feedback before~~so she IS familiar with this puzzle.  Possibly she hoped for a partial refund being offered?  I don't know.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

JMO but I do not think it has anything to do with size but more likely she feels she  overpaid after finding similar puzzles at the Dollar Store.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

JMO but I do not think it has anything to do with size but more likely she feels she  overpaid after finding similar puzzles at the Dollar Store.

You're probably right, Emerald!  

That is on the buyer; not the seller's fault.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I doubt that would be the case as it was only $4.99 shipped to the buyer's door.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

I would not call it buyers remorse but more buyers mistake. Remorse is just you changed your mind. In your case I have never seen a 500 piece puzzle SO SMALL. I could see easily that the size may have been overlooked at the time of purchase. Maybe put a completed puzzle in the picture for size or some sort of reference.

OP said:

My listing states the puzzle size seven times (yes 7).
(1) Item Specifics section states "Puzzle Size: 14" x 11"
(1) Item Description section states "Puzzle Size: 14" x 11"
(5) The five photos of the new factory-sealed box all show the puzzle size.
Additionally, in the Item Description section, I state the Box Size.

She even has one photo showing a chart of sizes of pieces by different brands.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

It doesn't matter sometimes. I looked and would have not realized it was a miniature puzzle. Buying on the internet is not as easy as some would believe. As a seller it seems so simple because you have the item in your hand.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Evening,

Buyer is spoiled and window shopping.

The problem is there is no window so they have to order the product first to find out it's just as they thought and not some figment of their imagination.

Then they decided to find a justified reason to return it so they don't look like the whiner they really are.

Mr C

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@coolections

"SO SMALL"   .....

LMAO. If you think 14" x 11" is small, then you should see the puzzles they sell in those Altoid-style tin cans. The tin can is the size of a deck of playing cards. The puzzle when assembled is 5" x 7" -- roughly the size the size of a computer tablet! 

I understand if a buyer was not familar with the Cardinal brand puzzles, they might be surprised by the smaller puzzle size. I really like them because they don't take up much space on the coffee table (I have a tiny apartment), they are great for the RV on rainy days, and they only cost a $1.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

You can't fix stupid.  The best you can do now is take the return and then make sure this particular brand of stupid never bothers you again by putting them on your black list.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply