cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer selects local pick up ($0 shipping charge), paid via PayPal, asks to dropship w/ no invoice.

Buyer buys a $99 item from me; selects local pick up (no shipping charge), paid via PayPal, but asks me to dropship. As seller, I assumed Local Pickup means he will pick up in person from me. But I noticed he included a dropship address and has asked that I not include an invoice.

1.  Is this legit?

2. How do I collect shipping charge since eBay states ( and I confirmed) that the $99 (minus eBay fee and sales tax) have been deposited to my PayPal account? I want to ship via USPS Priority which includes tracking.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Buyer selects local pick up ($0 shipping charge), paid via PayPal, asks to dropship w/ no invoice.

you can ask him for his Paypal address to invoice him for the shipping fee.

The correct way is to do a refund and relist with the shipping in the new listing.  THis way e bay gets its cut for the FVF on the shipping.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Dropship on Ebay has a different meaning than the way you are using it.  The buyer is simply asking you to ship the item.  

I'd simply bring to their attention [the buyer] that when they paid they selected that they would be picking up the package at your address.  While you are willing to allow that [as you would have had to of had that option on your listing] they are now asking you to ship the item.  You are happy to do that as well.  Ask them to please provide you with their email address and you will send them an invoice through PayPal for the shipping of the item as stated in your listing.  

See if that helps.  If they are unwilling to do that, then I would just cancel the transaction for a problem with the address, which gets you the FVFs back and not harm to your account.  Then I'd send them an email to let them know you will relist the item and they are welcome to purchase again but with the shipping option so that they pay for the shipping.

FYI, if you don't want to do pick up, don't have that on your listings.  I don't know if you intended to have that setting or not on you listing.

Good Luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Drop shipping without a invoice is no problem. 

Shipping it when the buyer didn't pay for shipping IS a problrm.

Whatever your listing says you charge for shipping, THAT'S how much more he owes you.

I would send him a PayPal money request for the shipping charges and not ship it until paid.  

Good luck and stay safe.

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have thought about this and it is a scam.

Since they used pick up they must give the seller a code to say they (Purchaser), received the item.

If the seller ships, and does not get the code they can and most likely will file item not received for a refund through eBay.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

I have thought about this and it is a scam.

Since they used pick up they must give the seller a code to say they (Purchaser), received the item.

If the seller ships, and does not get the code they can and most likely will file item not received for a refund through eBay.

If the seller ships, he will have a tracking number, and if all goes well, he will be able to show a Delivered status to the City and ZIP of the address received with the payment.

As for the original buyer, what he's asking to be excluded from the package is not an invoice but a packing slip. An invoice is a demand for payment. A packing slip shows what is in the package, who sent it and who is to receive it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"I noticed he included a dropship address"

If you send to a different address than the buyer's address of record, you won't be protected from an item not received claim.

Regardless of the select local pickup bit.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Local pickup is for items that would be difficult to mail, like furniture or a pin ball machine or a drum set. It's kind of ridiculous to have something that weighs hardly anything and fits in your hand to be local pickup only. Why limit yourself to bidders only from your city, or to someone who didn't realize a travel sized face cream (for example), doesn't ship and has to be picked up?

Sending a PayPal invoice for shipping is avoiding eBay fees. They want to be paid their fee which is based on the total cost the buyer pays.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello @male817 ,

I don't know if I have caught you in time but I certainly hope that you HAVE NOT done the request the email to send them an invoice method suggested here on this thread.

You should 100% contact the buyer and state that they selected the local pickup option. Inform them that if they would like the item shipped you will be happy to cancel the order and they can purchase it again with the shipping cost selected and the address they wish to have the item shipped to associated with the paypal payment. (or whichever payment method they have selected)

DO NOT DO THIS ANY OTHER WAY!
#1 Ebay charges final value fees on shipping.
#2 If you do not get the code to confirm local pickup the buyer can (AND WILL) file a case and get refunded for everything.

Be safe and have a good day!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply