cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

BEWARE SELLERS !!!

This will be the last time selling on ebay.

Ebay sides with buyers and not sellers.

I sent an item to the buyer which was held up and took longer than expected to arrive. Buyer opened a case for refund and was automatically refunded. Item arrived 1 week later with proof of tracking. Contacted buyer which obviously isnt responding since they just got the item for free with the help of ebay. EBAY wont do anything and cant do anything to force buyer to return item or pay for it. So buyer wins. He got the item for FREE and refunded. RIDICULOUS. I have provided ebay with proof it was delivered and responded they cant do anything.

Is it just me or would it be simple for EBAY to ask the buyer to pay since proof was provided that item was delivered and if they dont, just charge the buyer automatically like they did me for the refund ?

I wanted to share my experience with other sellers who might have had something similar happen to them.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Buyer refunded by EBAY, later received item. Did not pay item nor return item. EBAY on buyers side !

Sorry that happened, but Ebay gave the buyer an estimated delivery date.

If the item does not get delivered by that date, the buyer can file an INR to get there money back.

You can try sending an invoice through Pay Pal and see if they will repay.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 64
latest reply

We are so tired of reading storys like this and nothing bieng done.  Truly sorry to hear this happen to you.  Best regards

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Did you respond to the case? Did you call eBay and ask for an extension?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Was the tracking showing movement during that time period?  If that's the case and the buyer opens an INR, you can contact eBay and show them that the package is still in transit and they will generally allow more time for delivery.

But if there aren't any tracking updates for a week or more, that generally means the package is lost.  My own PO has told me that you should file a Missing Mail case if it's been a week without any tracking updates.  In that case, it's not fair to expect a buyer to wait endlessly for an item that's very likely lost-- they should be refunded.

You can contact the buyer and ask them politely if they would be willing to repay for the item now that they've received it, but beyond that, there isn't really anything you can do.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you, OP.  Wish you had called CS and asked for an extension.  They can give you ten days if tracking shows movement and since this was delivered a week later, that would have been sufficient.

I understand you're upset.  Hopefully a carefully worded professional message will inspire the buyer to repay.

Good Luck

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

I understand that and agree with. Still, ebay need changes done to protect sellers as well. For a situation as straight forward as this. I did in fact send the buyer a paypal invoice but obviously did not pay. He was refunded plus got the item. Some people are just dishonest.
Message 7 of 64
latest reply

Thanks. I know, it is unfortunate.
Message 8 of 64
latest reply

@funbuyscanada wrote:
I understand that and agree with. Still, ebay need changes done to protect sellers as well. For a situation as straight forward as this. I did in fact send the buyer a paypal invoice but obviously did not pay. He was refunded plus got the item. Some people are just dishonest.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.

As sellers, it is our responsibility to make sure the package reaches its destination in a timely fashion, even though we are relying on a 3rd party to physically get it to it's destination.

In my experience as a buyer and a seller, I've found it's extremely rare (talking about purchases in the hundreds here) for a package to actually be lost. In fact I can only remember not receiving 1 or maybe 2 items in the last 5 years buying stuff online, and we're talking about between 500 & 1,000 packages. And the only one I can clearly recall not ever receiving was an envelope with no tracking. I've never not received, or had my buyers receive, a package that had tracking.

Not say it doesn't happen, just that it's extremely rare. Try not to get frustrated by this, and perhaps consider increasing your handling time by 1-2 days if you are concerend this seems to be happening more often than just "rarely".

Best of luck to you moving foward!

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

Yes and yes. Also emails. They ruled in the favor of the buyer because it took more days than expected. They told me to they cant do anything to force buyer to pay or ship back item. Crazy
Message 10 of 64
latest reply

How much money are you talking about?

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

I understand and agree that buyers should be refunded. The problem is when the item does arrive. Ebay cant do anything. They generally did not allow more time. Buyer was refunded immidiately. Messaged buyer with paypal invoice or option to send it back and I will pay shipping. But some people are just dishonest.
Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Ebay did not allow extension. They refunded buyer immidiately. Sent buyer paypal invoice or option to return item which I would pay for. Some people are just dishonest.
Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Thanks. Yes I understand entirely what you are saying. I too never not received anything. This is a first for me. Im kind of okay with it now. I will have learned from my mistakes and will approach the next situation differently.
Message 14 of 64
latest reply

Not much. 50$
Its a matter of principle. Not money
Message 15 of 64
latest reply