Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Buyer left negative feedback saying "way overpriced". WHAT?

mrcap840
Adventurer

Ok, so this buyer with 0 feedback and a seemingly random username (bunch of random #s and letters...guest account maybe?) purchased 2 of my items last week. I did my part, and shipped the items accordingly. I also left positive feedback for him.

Just noticed my 900 100% positive feedback rating has been knocked down to 899 and 98%. I looked and he left me a completley random negative feedback saying "way overpriced". WHAT? He knew what the items were, what the cost was (shipping was included in the listing price) and he willingly purchased them according to said terms.

I did literally NOTHING wrong. So basically, what can I do here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reallynicestamps
Rockstar

Some people are ..... jerks.

You can call Customer Service and ask for removal. It's not likely to work, but you can try.

You can add a Response. Which will draw attention to the neg.

Keep in mind that feedback makes no difference to your Selling Account metrics.

It does have a certain public relations effect on future buyers, but most seem to think a 95% is an A. And the very few who might actually read the FB are just as likely to agree with my first sentence.

mrcap840
Adventurer

Re: Buyer left negative feedback saying "way overpriced"....

in reply to Feb 2, 2018 7:03:46 AM
I sent the buyer a feedback revision request and he changed it to neutral. Funny thing though, he somehow misconstrued the actual feedback portion of the request and put "same comment". So now I have a neutral feedback that just says "same comment". I'll take it!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zylor4200
Rockstar

That's why I always tell sellers to NOT automatically leave buyers feedback until or unless they leave you feedback first. I bet you now wish that you had not. If a buyer does not leave you feedback, do not leave him/her any either. I don't think ebay will remove that even though they should in cases such as this. Put that jerk on your blocked buyers list so he cannot sabotage you again!

thatsallfolks
Rockstar

They obviously knew the price, so they’re probably saying it’s not worth what they paid.