Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Buyer left negative feedback for customs fees?

coop.payt
Adventurer

Buyer from SAIPAN, left neg feedback because custom fees I am NOT by any means in control of? I don't even actully ship international, this was only an exception which I now regret because the pants were only $10.. lol

Will not communicate, doesnt want to return? Bite the bullet & deal with negative feedback or anything I can actually do? I've been on an great positive feedback streak for over a year 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Fortunately, this is one reason that eBay will remove feedback. You will have to call Customer Service (pee first, find a comfy chair, and be ready to sit on hold for a while) and explain the problem.

KISS- This has nothing to do with where you will or will not ship. The problem is that the feedback references customs fees, which eBay recognizes as the buyer's responsibility.

coop.payt
Adventurer

Re: Buyer left negative feedback for customs fees?

in reply to Nov 5, 2016 3:05:37 PM
Thank you! I managed to get it removed. Since the buyer was infact complaining about import fees & my shipping price combined.
0 Helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

impalajohnny
Guide
Last Edited 01:38:00 PM

$9.80 shipping fee on a $10 item sounds more like postage due. If it is a customs charge it has to be a mistake since no one taxes at 98% and $10 is below the taxable threshold.

I'd still take a crack at getting it removed as complaining about customs.

coop.payt
Adventurer

Re: Buyer left negative feedback for customs fees?

in reply to Nov 5, 2016 2:45:12 PM
talked to USPS, both via phone & at the local PO & they said that $9.80 wasn't due on any packages there & was prob an exaggeration (Yes, I called about this package because it sounded like bologny) So I'm assuming the buyer was complaining about import fees & the shipping I charged as one entire value
0 Helpful
coop.payt
Adventurer

For anyone else commenting! This is solved so please no other comments, just no time to go call ebay ATM

I talked to USPS, both via phone & at the local PO & they said that $9.80 wasn't due on any packages there & was prob an exaggeration (Yes, I called about this package because it sounded like bologny) So I'm assuming the buyer was complaining about import fees & the shipping I charged as one entire value