cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left a false negative feedback

I received my first negative feedback. But this one was a false claim by the buyer! I sold a preowned full working condition casio watch and my policy’s no return accepted. He didn’t contacted me whatsoever just straight negative though saying “sent me the wrong item” I uploaded as many photos as I could  making sure there isn’t any misunderstanding. Can I ask eBay to remove the buyer’s feedback? I don’t want to contact the buyer ‘cause based on his actions i already know what to expect. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Your no returns policy really doesn't mean anything more than you don't want the  item back.  It does not mean no refunds.  Your buyer should have utilized the 30 day money back guarantee.  You would have had to refund or pay to get your item mailed back to you.  No, eBay will not remove the negative because you are wrong.  You should contact the buyer and instruct them to open a return and you should then refund or have the buyer return the item and then you refund.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

What am I wrong for? I did send the correct item. Buyer claimed I sent the wrong item and If instructed him to send it back I’m afraid he will send a different watch I didn’t send to 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

If the buyer files a NAD (not as described) case ebay will side with the buyer.

It doesn't matter WHAT you sent him.

The best thing to do is accept the return.

You will have to pay for/provide a return shipping label.

If/when the item is returned to you, you will be required to refund the buyer.

If the buyer fails to return the item to you (which happens a lot)

you will not be charged for the return label and will not have to issue a refund.

If you do not accept/fight  the return, ebay will step in and refund the buyer with your funds

and not require the buyer to send back the item.

You will be out the money and the item and receive a ding from ebay.

There is a third option.

Just refund the buyer without ebay getting involved and he doesn't have to return the item.

You choose which way to go.

Sorry this happened to you.

Adding on...

As far as the negative feedback goes I don't think ebay will remove it.

The only chance you have of getting it removed is to satisfy the buyer and convince him of revising the feedback.

Good luck!

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

There is no such thing as a "false negative" feedback. It is based on  buyer experience.  We actually don't know the entire story.

Sorry this happened to you. As far as they buyer knows, you sent the wrong item and don't accept returns, so maybe they felt they had no recourse but to leave a negative.

You can reply to the negative saying something like "I'm sorry what you received isn't what you expected, I please contact me about your concerns and we can work it out" or something.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Your no returns policy is what is  wrong.  Buyers feel hopeless and resort to negative feedback.  If you had a return policy, perhaps the outcome would have been different.  Reach out to the buyer.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@dstyletique 

Sorry for your situation but all buyers have a 30 day money back guarantee for what ever reason.  Here's a link that can explain:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I don't think 1 negative will hurt you or your shop.  Just be sure to start accepting  returns and make sure your customer is a satisfied.  Always. 

Happy Selling

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You can get "inappropriate" negative feedback removed by ebay but only if ebay decides that the issue was beyond your control or that the buyer abused the return policy. Every year you get 5 opportunities to have - feedback removed. The procedure is you first send the buyer a message requesting that they change/remove the feedback. If they refuse then there is a prompt to request ebay to step in and remove the feedback. We had an instance where a buyer left - feedback because we purchased signature confirmation for an expensive item and they complained that it interfered with their vacation. We used one of our 5 challenges to get it removed. Chances are you'd have to accept the return and show that the buyer abused the return policy to have the - feedback removed.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

all this over a $30 watch.

I take back 20 watches a year and always get back what was shipped

it was your fear of a return or a bad return that led to this negative

at least you still have the sale

a negative is not the end of the world

put this in your rear view mirror and move on

you made a statement with no returns and you buyer also made a statement

the best thing about all of my returns is I cant get a negative with them

that is seller protection that works for me

sorry this has happened but you will continue to sell more anyways

@dstyletique 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Turn the negative into a positive with a highly professional response.  Do not make any accusations in the response. 

Posting ID
Message 10 of 10
latest reply