cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer can't read

I plainly listed the size of a pendant in the description area but buyer says it is too large to be worn as a pendant and I shouldn't have listed as miniature.  It is 1" X 2" so I consider that miniature. Anyways, would you refund on this?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Buyer can't read

@bartermaniac wrote:

I plainly listed the size of a pendant in the description area but buyer says it is too large to be worn as a pendant and I shouldn't have listed as miniature.  It is 1" X 2" so I consider that miniature. Anyways, would you refund on this?

After it is returned, sure. Not before. 

Don't get into a debate with the buyer. Just say, "I'm sorry that you're not satisfied with the pendant. You can return it for a full refund." That's all that needs to be said.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

@bartermaniac wrote:

Miniature is subjective.

On a big person it probably is a miniature.  But what about a very petite person.

IMO, just list the measurements, and let the individual person determine if it is the right size for them.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

As jewelry goes, I don't think I'd see that as miniature, either.    But if you had the size - 1" X 2" - listed in your description, I think the word miniature is immaterial.   Surely the buyer must have a ruler, a yardstick or a tape measure in her home so she could have looked at that to see what size an inch is if she didn't know? 

No, I wouldn't refund for that.  At least not voluntarily.  If you had the size stated in your description, she can't say it's not as described. 

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

@bartermaniac wrote:

Everyone's opinions can be different, especially in regards to size. A 1" X 2" pendant might be a bit large

or a bit too small for some buyers. I wouldn't argue with the buyer on this. Let the buyer return the pendant and refund only when you get it back. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

"Miniature" is very subjective and varies with the type of item. I would not consider a 1" x 2" pendant as miniature. In fact, I would consider anything that measures over 1" as "large."

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

Basically there was nothing you could have done to prevent this buyer from whining, if you said it was large they probably would said it was miniature.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

'Sorry you were disappointed. Return the pendant for a full refund.'

Rinse and repeat.

No point in getting into an arguement.

If he returns the pendant on his own dime, refund in full.

If he demands you pay return postage, send a Return Shipping Label. If he doesn't use it , you will not be charged.

Do not refund until you have your pendant in your hands.

If you refund willingly voluntarily, eBay will not penalize you.

I checked on a ruler and the pendant is about the size of a postit note.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

I am not sure as to why the seller needs to pay for return shipping when the buyer's claim appears to be "remorse," why?

The average size of a post it note is 3"x3" so if the buyer had read the listing and used any ruler for an approx. size the need for the return would not be necessary.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

The OP has a 14 day return policy. She sold the item on August 10. She can't refuse a return because she doesn't like the reason. If she does, she risks  a claim for SNAD, which she'll lose, and for which she'll have to pay return shipping. And, she may risk incurring harm to her seller status.

All over a $20 sale. So not worth it.

You might want to do a wee bit of sleuthing before posting advice, as the advice you offered (while well intentioned) could have been detrimental in regard to the seller's actions in this specific situation.

Belle
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

why the seller needs to pay for return shipping when the buyer's claim appears to be "remorse,"

I agree.

But the seller should not be encouraging the buyer to open a Dispute either. That would give him the option of (falsely) choosing NAD and forcing the seller to pay return postage.

I am an old and cynical person.

The average size of a post it note is 3"x3"

That is pretty big.

I had to get out a ruler because the ones I use are actually 6cmx3.5cm. May be a Canadian thing.

I have no sympathy for the buyer either.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

@bartermaniac wrote:

You have a 14 day return policy. You have to accept the request for a return for refund, according to your own stated policy. The reason is immaterial.

Be happy you have this policy in place, and the buyer isn't trying to claim SNAD. You'd be out return shipping in that case. Just accept the return request, refund the buyer once you have received the item, relist it, and move on.

Belle
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

@postingid2017 wrote:

I am not sure as to why the seller needs to pay for return shipping when the buyer's claim appears to be "remorse," why?

The average size of a post it note is 3"x3" so if the buyer had read the listing and used any ruler for an approx. size the need for the return would not be necessary.

Agree with you, @postingid2017. @reallynicestamps got it right, except for this. The buyer has a right to the return request because the OP's stated 14 day return policy on the original listing for this item is still in effect. Remorse returns are covered under that policy, but the buyer pays return shipping, unless the OP neglected to check that box when creating the listing.

Belle
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

Southern FB,  "what would you do?"  was the OP's question, not "what should I do?"   I answered what I would  do (and have done in the past).   There was nothing to research.

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Buyer can't read

The OP has a 14 Day Return policy stated in that listing (I did not read them all), and that Buyer pays return shipping and a 10% restocking fee, so, the buyer should be able to return, pay for return shipping and receive in return, $17.99, in accordance to her stated return policy.  

I just do not think nor agree that the Seller should have to pay for return shipping, that's all.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply