cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Using PayPal Business Account

Hello,

I recently had a buyer message me that the buyer wants to buy my item but has a PayPal Business Account. The buyer requested me to send the buyer a money request with the email provided. Do you think this is a legit or scam buyer?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer Using PayPal Business Account

Big fat scam, he wants your email so he can send you a fake paid invoice. Block him.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

That's a scam. There's no need for a buyer to make that request, they can just go ahead and pay you with their PayPal account even you are in eBay's managed payments system. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Report the buyer and add the ID to your BBL. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The “buyer” has violated eBay’s policy by sending his contact information to you. Yes, this is a scam. Glad you did not fall for it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yes, all a PP biz account means is they have a debit card attached (1% cash back) but still works like a regular account. Sounds like a scammer! I've had the PP biz acct for the past decade and there is no difference, pay for ebay purchases the same as any other PP acct.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Scam, scam, scam!!! 

Let them know they need to pay via ebay. If no payment is received on the 4 th day, ebay will step in and they will receive a strike on their account.  These types troll ebay looking for new sellers as easy targets.  Glad you posted here first.  😊

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I couldn't pay this guy after he bid for my item since there were issues with the buyer's account. I had told him that and he said to send him my paypal email so he can pay for it. Is this a scam or am I overthinking things.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I couldn't send him the package because there were issues with his account

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@abduyu26 wrote:

I couldn't pay this guy after he bid for my item since there were issues with the buyer's account. I had told him that and he said to send him my paypal email so he can pay for it. Is this a scam or am I overthinking things.

That is a scam and you are not overthinking things. 

You have attached your post to an old thread from last year, but the topic is the same and the replies above would apply to your situation as well. Just stop responding and cancel on Day 5 after the sale, using the reason of Buyer Did Not Pay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply