cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Accusation

A buyer is claiming I shorted his order by 2 items.  I believe I sent all 11 pieces.  He previously asked me to combine several orders to save on shipping, which I did but he complained about the reduced amount.  I'm not sure what to do.  I am very careful with my items and believe he recieved all of his order.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Buyer Accusation

@pvcliff wrote:

Sandra, it looks like you are a new seller. My gut reaction is that he set out to buy several items, got you to combine, and then claimed missing. This was his plan from the beginning. I say this because this happened to me when I was only in business a couple months. A dozen little items that all fit easily in a 6x6x6 box, combined shipping, then guess what? not everything arrived. Block him so he can't from you again.

As a buyer I always receive every item, when there is combined shipping. 

I think Most sellers want to encourage repeat business, & earn positive feedback.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Being a former coin junky OP could put up the list of coins in the lot and I can pick out the two missing,but maybe I have ESPN.....

Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Being a former coin junky OP could put up the list of coins in the lot and I can pick out the two missing,but maybe I have ESPN.....

Do you pay extra for that station?grinning

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

After reveiwing OPs sales I was amazed they didn't clip him for his pound of silver,but a look at the bidding history they were trying,but a sniper took them out,but thats the risk you run into dealing in very fluid merchandise...

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

JMO, but 2 categories I am familiar with - jewelry lots and coin lots - just not a good idea, especially for newbies.

When I sold coins and read that board as well as the jewelry board, saw quite a few posts where the best pieces were culled out, and the rest returned for SNAD.

So yes sellers want to do right by their buyers, but unfortunately some buyers try to take advantage of it.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

The guy seems like an ok buyer, and he gives only positive feedback.  I'll wait until he tells me which coins are missing, I have a list of what was sent.  I don't want to accuse him...but I do not have those coins!

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Most of the buyers want you to feel their hugemanatte they are dealing with very few will come right out and say they are robbing you and there is nothing you can do....

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

How much did you charge for shipping?

Is it at all possible that the 2 items were shaken loose in transit and maybe a closer inspection of the packaging could yield the missing items?

Do whatever is cheapest for you - refund outright if the item price total is less than you paying for shipping both ways.  Be aware that you will pay for return shipping and are obligated to issue a full refund, even if the buyer sends back an empty package, pennies, junk, etc.

Sellers do not make money on every sale, and online selling carries the risk of return fraud...if, in fact, the buyer is not telling the truth, which is always a possibility.  Dishonest buyers often turn out to be other eBay sellers.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 23 of 23
latest reply