cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burberry scarf real or fake

Someone please help me. 

I purchased this Burberry silk scarf on eBay, and I think it is fake. The seller states that it is 100% authentic. I don’t have time to drive to the closest Burberry store ( 80 km away from me), to check with them. Can I please have your opinion before opening a case. 

What I see:

-no Burberry tag

-small black care tag ( 100% silk, Made in Italy- the seller says this is the way that outket Burberry tags liok like in Europe!!!) 

- the lines have not the same width

-the pattern in corners is not identical

I told him I want to return, because it’s a fake and he is not willing to pay/ return/ shipping cost, because he states it’s not true- the scarf it’s real. Nothing on it says that it’s real ( I have 2 more Burberry scarves and the difference in quality is huge) .

I’m not a Burberry expert, so please help me and tell me if it’s real or not.

thank you

FDA01934-0C6D-4D0C-8DEC-7FF4E6EA65B7.jpeg

77C2599F-7F48-41E5-A0EE-56ED59067934.jpeg

14959905-A05D-4B1F-96DF-810A4F5E934B.jpeg

BE1127B1-7746-4D49-A042-398160714BF0.jpeg

F940C5C8-627D-4471-9A61-E8B39ADC64B7.jpeg

A3CE7CFB-37B0-4DBF-8DA9-CE9E62D3F845.jpeg

AE6B5003-D1F0-4FF1-BF03-1F98C3B7D879.jpeg

AD6C8DF7-A472-4CCC-B9A7-6F2AA9F61F60.jpeg

EBE160A2-9267-4732-9997-2EF13FA73A87.jpeg

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Call that Burberry shop 80 clicks away and ask them if they would review your pictures and render an opinion.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

If you dont think its authentic, file an SNAD case. You dont have to prove its fake.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Go to the Clothing Sellers board and post your pics and concerns there.  Plenty of experts on that board who might be able to help you since they deal with this stuff on a daily basis and are pretty great at making assessments, or rendering advice.  Best of Luck!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Some observations:

The seller has been selling almost a year with no negatives or neutrals.  He has sold other Burberry scarfs.

I don't  know if you didn't look at all the pictures, or if the tag was not a concern for you before purchase, but the seller is still selling this scarf, and his listing has several pictures, one including a very good shot of the tag, although there are no pictures of the corners.

You can post this on the Fashion Board.  

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Category Fashion board is a great place to share things and get input from people who know what they're talking about.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@ary.non

It's probably fake, file a SNAD. I can't say for sure that it's fake, but in my training on examining things like bags, I was taught to look for asymmetrical patterns, crooked logos (or absent proper tags).

The fakes don't have the same quality control as the real thing, so you can spot them by finding mistakes. Always look at pattern, stitching, logo, pockets, etc. If it's fake, you'll find a mistake.

Good luck OP.

C.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Thank you, I appreciate you took time to answer my question.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for the advice, I’ll try to figure out how to check the Fashion Board. 

I did check seller’s feedback that’s why I “dared” to buy from him. 

I have translated the description ( seller is from Germany) and he stated in his, very long description, that the scarf will come with the care tag only ( but he posted a picture with the Burberry tag attached to a simillar scarf. I don’t understand why he didn’t post pictures with the scarf he was selling. He didn’t post any picture with the black tag that is attached to the scarf I got). 

Thank you for trying to help me. 

I’m going to return it but I didn’t want to ruin this sellers business if it was not the case, because if I return it I will tell eBay this is a counterfait scarf and maybe he will not be allowed to sell on eBay. 

I also attached a photo where I have 2 other genuine Burberry scarves and this one that I’m talking to. It’s a huge differece in silk texture and this is how a “care tag” looks like. 

0EBE9F1C-FC14-4E36-9882-52204AD1383C.jpeg

62176CCA-836B-4CC4-9870-66655C84E38C.png

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Burberry scarves have a serial number on the label along with BURBERRY in all caps.

There should also be a horse and knight logo somewhere on the scarf.

Burberry is manufactured in London, not Italy.

You're saying your black scarf is authentic??

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@ary.non

Just curious...did you pay a lot for this scarf?  When you put the 'fake' next to the real,  it doesn't seem to be the same at all ( I noticed the grain of the fabric first).  I'm a private collector of scarves on the secondary market, and often, they come without tags which people remove to wear them.  But you can learn to see and feel the subtle differences between real, and not real.    Don't feel bad for the Seller IF he is selling fake as real....just wrong on so many levels!!

It's a whole different deal if you bought a fake, knowing it was a fake because the real item is cost prohibitive (such as designer purses....I own both real and fakes...many women do and no one is the wiser).  It's still a lovely scarf, but if you can't stand the idea of it, return it...with a SNAD.  Personally,  I would never, ever blatantly try to sell fakes on eBay because that is like stealing.  I think that's against the rules to start with, but people do it anyway.  They should stick to back rooms/back alleys for that kind of transaction.   There are many excellent tutorials and guides to scarves, authenticating, etc.etc. available for you to study in this site for future reference.  And as said by myself and others, get thee to the clothing board.  And file that SNAD without feeling guilty if you're positive.  After all, you're the once holding it in your hands and seeing it with your eyes.  

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Hi,
I payed $80 for it. I will return it for sure.
Thank you for advice.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Hi,
Yes, the black one is real Burberry scarf.
I know cashmere ones are Made in Scotland only.
I did check on their website, and silk scarves are Made in Italy
https://uk.burberry.com/lightweight-check-silk-scarf-p40148341
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

You are quite welcome.

I thought I saw one of the pictures had the black tag that you show in your pictures.  I can't find the listing again to check on that, though.  You are wise to check seller feedback comments, many don't and they should.

I'm sure the Fashion Board will be able to help you.

Don't feel badly if it isn't real and you have to file SNAD; it should not have been sold as Burberry if it isn't.  Possibly those other buyers realized it was fake but did not care.  Many don't.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@sandmansales wrote:

Burberry scarves have a serial number on the label along with BURBERRY in all caps.

There should also be a horse and knight logo somewhere on the scarf.

Burberry is manufactured in London, not Italy.

You're saying your black scarf is authentic??

Burberry does produce in China, as well as Poland, Romania, India, Spain, Italy, England, and yes lots in the US. Burberry has factories all over the world and if its not their own factories they contract this work. ... Burberry line of Golf is made in China, some hats are made in Romania.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply